Friday, March 22, 2024


Life is messy, so is my kitchen island.  I pretty much clean it off everyday and still things accumulate.  Right now the seed pots and grow lights will be a permanent fixture until May when I can plant things outside.

We had rain on Tuesday and I stepped out on the back deck to wipe off Charlie's muddy feet and almost landed on my ass.  I caught myself on the door and have a lovely bruise on my arm.  Then yesterday I went for a haircut and slipped on some ice under the snow.  Fortunately I didn't break anything and two lovely women helped me get up.  I don't even pretend to be young anymore and just accept help now.  My right shoulder and back are sore today.  I didn't wear my non slip boots yesterday out of vanity, serves me right.

I had the week off, time for myself.  Monday I worked because we were so short staffed.  Tuesday I cleaned but I did manage to take both dogs for a walk which was good.  Tuesday night, Jack had a high fever and vomited, so he stayed home Wednesday and I did laundry on Wednesday.  Nobody got much sleep Tuesday night, we were all bagged.  Thursday I had to take my quilt to the laundromat, it's too big to fit in my machine, and washed it.  Then the haircut and fall.  Today, more cleaning and then pick up Jack for his psychologist appointment.  My week off, not so much:)  Could be worse, I could have broken something.  My mum had osteoporosis and had a lot of broken bones.  I'm very thankful I lifted weights in my twenties and thirties.

Other than that, not much going on.  I yell at the dogs on a regular basis to get out of my fucking garden because they keep digging holes.  Not sure what that's about.  Are they bored?  Tired of winter too?  Just assholes?  All of the above:)

The CT manager is retiring in just over a month.  For her retirement gift she asked for two of my photos on canvas.  I was flattered and more than happy to share the photos.  I'm not paying for anything, just providing the photo file.  She and her husband bought an acreage for their retirement and these photos will hang in their new farmhouse.  

Tangle Creek Falls


View from the forest floor, on Vancouver Island, Roberts Memorial Provincial Park.


In the words of Porky Pig, "Th-th-that's all folks".

12 comments:

  1. Wow, those two photos certainly are spectacular! I understand why your CT manager would want them on canvas for display in her new home. Glad you didn't break anything in either of those two slipping incidents too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As to the dogs, probably all of the above! Gorgeous photos. Wow. I was athletic as a young person and then I did a lot of physical work until mid 60s, which is why my bone density tests come out excellent. Maybe lots of dairy, too. I have had a couple of bad falls that I would have expected to break bones. I am so glad you didn't break anything. You have enough going on without that added in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm beginning to believe that a week off is never that. There are always responsibilities, appointments and stuff to accomplish. I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself by falling! The older I get, the more terrified I am of that scenario. Those photos are incredible--so soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gravity does increase its power as we age. I am learning to be more cautious.
    You do take beautiful photos. You have an excellent eye.
    My kitchen island does the same thing as yours- collects things all on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing pictures, no wonder your colleague wants them. To live in a country where you need to wear non slip boots is an experience I can do without even if the country has such magnificent scenery. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My past haunts me with osteopenia. I read to much as a kid, didn't move around. Started biking a lot in my 20's which does zippity doo dah all for bone density. Oh well, I'm lifting now, hiking some, but the bones they are tiny. Sorry Jack has been sick again. I love the photo taken on the forest floor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid photos. Sending love to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are just beautiful. You can rightly feel flattered!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great about the photos! They would look amazing on canvas.

    Glad you didn't hurt yourself (too badly) in your falls. Dave slipped and fell last week on his way to school -- also felt sore afterward but no apparent damage.

    I don't know what to think about the dogs. Olga has never been a digger. (Thank god -- she does enough damage in the garden just walking over things!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an honour to have those two pictures hanging on your colleague's walls! I guess this is the closest you will get to immortality. Funny isn't it that kids fall over all the time but when you are an adult any fall could change your life forever. Sounds like you got away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 37paddington: you really are a wonderful photographer. Your images are art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always loved your photos.

    ReplyDelete