Saturday, March 2, 2024


As I was lying in bed this morning, listening to Jack explain to his poppa how the door had locked itself and he couldn't get out, I realized that one of my greatest luxuries is lying in bed, awake.  

I thought about yesterday and my patient with the worst case of conjunctivitis I've ever seen and how much better she felt when I cleaned it up her eyes for her.  My coworker contacted her oncologist about the patient's severe skin reaction to the immunotherapy and got her a prescription for doxycycline for the skin reaction.  We did good.

I thought about what I was going to do today, swimming lessons for Jack and an evening by ourselves.  

I thought about the summertime and the walks and hikes I can take with Jack, as well as a one night camping trip with Jack to Elk Island National Park.

I daydreamed about taking him to the mountains when he's older.

I stretched and just enjoyed lying there, lovely and warm.  


What is your greatest luxury?


6 comments:

  1. Well, I guess the luxury you described is one that I relish myself. Also, it is such a joy - to have a map in my hand and a body that will carry me several miles over unfamiliar countryside in good weather. At the age of 70, it is not something that I take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always had to be up really early. Now I don't so my luxury is being able to sleep until I don't want to anymore. It's real pleasure. You have some good things to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my greatest luxuries is getting IN the bed. I stretch out and enjoy the coziness, then read for as long as I can before turning out the light and falling asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that is a huge luxury. When I think of dashing out of bed and 5 and rushing through my breakfast and coffee, I enjoy every minute of awake time in bed, not having to go anywhere or do anything. (mostly)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lying in bed, swaddled in comforters, is definitely a good one. What else? I think more than anything else in this world I love when my family is around me, my children especially. That is my deepest joy, which I equate to luxury.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greatest Luxury is spending Time in Nature just communing with it.

    ReplyDelete