Wednesday, November 22, 2023


Still warm and sunny here, or it was last weekend when I took this photo at the Beaver Hills Biosphere.  Today it's cold and cloudy and it feels like snow.

It's my day off so I have a whole day to myself, after I drive Jack to daycare and my husband to work and then drive back home again.

I also stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home to buy Lax-a-Day for Jack, he gets constipated sometimes, and some cat food, because I don't want to run out of cat food over Christmas and I also want to avoid the stores on the lead up to Christmas.

When I got home, I put the load of laundry in the dryer, that I had put in the washing machine before we left home at 0630am.  Then I stripped all of the blankets off the furniture and put those in the washing machine; they're the dog blankets that protect the furniture and catch all the dog hair.

I had some breakfast and then left to go to my massage appointment, turns out I dislocated two ribs while coughing with covid and most of the muscles in my upper body where upset with all the coughing I had done.  Not a relaxing massage but necessary.

When I got home from that appointment, I put the dog blankets in the dryer and then put another load of laundry on while I vacuumed the main floor of the house.  Too much dog hair.  I also pulled some chicken out of the freezer and set it to defrost while I cleaned.  I'll start supper before I head back to Edmonton to pick up my husband at work and then Jack at daycare. When the blankets were clean and dry, I put them all back on the furniture.  I still have to clean up the kitchen from last night and this morning.

I also want to take the dogs for a walk at the dog park, before I head back to Edmonton at 3pm.  The photo below is the dog park and the sky, last week.  It was so beautiful.  At some point I'll put the load of laundry from the washing machine into the dryer and hopefully get it folded and put away.


There is also poop scooping to be done in the backyard, preferably before the snow comes.  It's so relaxing to have a day off:) 

11 comments:

  1. Yes! You are just being a complete lady of leisure! How can you stand so much relaxation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have had a day off from the workplace, but you sure as hell didn't have a day off from work!
    Try to relax tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I feel this. I cannot remember the last time I did nothing at all. My fault, of course, but it seems like there is always so much to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dislocated 2 ribs from coughing! Holy guacamole! And your day off was busier than many people's work day, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a gorgeous sky and your day off is certainly full of activities and chores. Not much time to relax. Still, it feels good to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How come when women "take a day off" they never stop!!!! Men (generally speaking) never have that problem do they!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Days like this one can be such a balm. Enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wait until you retire, you will learn how to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that dog park photo! Yeah, there's always something else to do, isn't there? I feel that way too and I'm not even raising a child!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Domestic division of labor became an object of study in the mid 1980s. I recently read an article that said things have not improved much since then. Your laundry process sounds very efficient!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You take such good pictures.
    You got a lot accomplished, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete