Tuesday, November 28, 2023


Still no snow here and the dogs and I are enjoying it.  Heidi is concentrating, she's listening for a squirrel.  I was trying to capture her breath in the morning air but was unsuccessful, however, I still liked the shot.

We went to court today and we'll try again to slowly reunite Jack with his mom, with the court watching this time.  We have another court date for the end of February.  I imagine it will go on like this for quite awhile, until things completely fall apart again.  What I didn't say in front of the judge and Gracie and her family, was how much her sister and mother dislike spending time with Gracie.  The mom and the sister are stuck, for the next month, supervising Gracie while she's with Jack.  If I say this out loud, I risk losing the trust I've built up with Gracie's mom and I guess I'm not willing to go there right now.  

We're in it for the long haul, regardless.  After everything was over the other grandma and I gave each other a huge hug and both cried.  We both know how fucked up our children are, we just want Jack to be safe.  

Nothing much else going on, work, housework, being at the beck and call of a four and a half year old:)  Last night he crawled into bed with me at midnight and we argued about milk and benadryl.  He said his nose was itchy and he wanted milk.  I said no to both requests, he complained bitterly and then promptly fell back asleep.  I guess technically, I'm not at his beck and call, but it does feel that way at times.

My Christmas shopping is almost done.  My middle daughter is waiting for surgery on her fractured hip.  I want to go visit her and her fiance in the spring time, so I need to make that happen.  Meanwhile, I'll ship some Christmas baking off to them in a couple of weeks, along with their Christmas gifts.




11 comments:

  1. Oh, dear, a fractured hip? That sounds so awful. Anything hip related scares me, especially at my age. As you wrote, the important thing is that Jack is safe but what a lot of hoops you all have to jump through when it's doubtful that Gracie will ever be able to parent Jack the way he deserves. (or at all) Am I being harsh? Or realistic? Both perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that court went well although, yes, I'm sure it will be a long process with many more court appearances. Good that Gracie's visits with Jack will be court-supervised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully the debacles of the past will no longer happen if the court really does stay invovled. Regardless, it is a hard road for you but one you have no real choice in walking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Gracie's mom and sister actually DO supervise her time with Jack and don't cave to their desire not to spend time with her. Is the goal to reunite Jack with Gracie just for visits? He'd continue to live with you, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the court is watching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are correct, unfortunately you cannot say that part about Gracie's family out loud. I am surprised this is still happening, that they are "supervising" LOL. Hope they did not buy any plane tickets for the next month *eye roll*. I hope your daughter's hip surgery goes well and you guys stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the others, Gracie will never be able to parent Jack. Hopefully there time together is just visits. A fractured hip sound awful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know the courts have to be there for both sides but when just thinking about going to see his mom makes Jack nervous, it's hard to see how fair it is for him to enforce these visits, even supervised.
    Your poor daughter! I know you must feel that you have the world on your shoulders and now this worry too.
    That is a beautiful shot of Heidi in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the doggo photo. I am so sorry to hear that your daughter has a fractured hip, hips are terrifying in their capacity to ruin someone's life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope this new development will not cause any problems for the little guy. You have to handle so much!
    We've got the snow you are waiting for. You can have it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you are wise to preserve your bond with Jack's other grandmother. It will be easier on you both if you can work together to secure that little boy. I don't have much faith in Gracie staying the course unfortunately, but I hope eternally to be wrong.

    ReplyDelete