Sunday, July 9, 2023


On Friday night after work, we took Jack to emergency.  His breathing was too fast, heart rate was too fast, he'd a fever off and on, and was complaining of a sore neck.  Long story short, he is normal sick the doc said.  His lungs, ears and throat were fine, make sure he gets plenty of fluids.  Three nights of muscial beds and crappy sleeps, he's feeling better today and went off to see his mama.


I took the dogs for a very early morning walk to the dog park, at 6:30am, we were all up at five anyway.  It was lovely and cool and there was only one other dog there, and a coyote yipping away on the other side of the fence.  Then I took Jack to his mama's and drove to pick up Katie.  That's when whatever Jack had, hit me.  I managed to have a little lunch with Katie and I told her I was sick.  She was so sweet and was rubbing my back while I drove her home.

I came home and slept for four hours.  I never nap.  Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.  Sore throat, heachace, sneezing, coughing, fever, congestion and the snot from hell.  A cold.  I have a cold.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, dear, it seems like we should get a break from these childhood illnesses (and catching them!) in the summer. Hope you're better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take your time to get better. There are never ending viral infections around especially when you live with children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a weekend you've had! Glad Jack's better and I hope you feel better soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleeping is the very best thing when you are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you should probably take a covid test just to make sure.
    Children are just little viral transmitters, aren't they? Get some rest, lady. Let yourself heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a covid test, negative thank goodness. Thanks for the reminder.

      Delete
  7. Ugh! Hope you feel better and Miss Katie is spared! It's good you took Jack to the hospital, especially with a sore neck -- my mind immediately went to meningitis. Glad it wasn't that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christ! I would be sick too after taking dogs for a walk at that ungodly hour. Are you sure it's not COVID as Nurse Moon half suggested? By the way, thanks for directing me to that interesting carpentry site. A lot of effort and passion has gone into it. Pretty impressive. What a relief that Jack's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is never a moment of peace. At least Jack was just normal sick and you don't have Covid. I've been thinking of masking again over winter. I haven't had a cold since the beginning of 2020. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you feel better soon. Kids are petri dishes with legs. The new dog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's two days later and we haven't heard from you. I hope you are waking up from whatever hit you and are on the mend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a sore throat but I'm alive and back to work (with a mask on). Thanks for worrying about me:)

      Delete
  12. Poor Jack. Poor you. I hope you're both better now.

    ReplyDelete