Saturday, July 15, 2023


Several months back, Jack and I were in Walmart and he wanted to buy flower seeds, so we did.  He picked out lavatera.  Only one plant survived, for many different reasons, but it's in full bloom right now and he was amazed by the flowers.

Charlie and Heidi are getting along famously, so well in fact, that the grass is being destroyed by their playfighting and perennials are been smashed as they run through the garden.  Sigh.  We took both of the dogs to the dog park this morning, along with Jack.  There is a penned area for dogs who are small or still learning and it's usually empty.  I usually take Charlie there to begin with to run off some of his energy because he still doesn't have great recall.  He comes when he's ready and not before.

This morning there was a group of five or six dogs outside the pen running laps with Charlie on the inside.  He's so fast and the dogs love it, none of the dogs can keep up to Charlie.  He's fast and I think he just loves running.  Good exercise for all of the dogs involved.

I've still got a sore throat and still don't feel well.  The sore throat is the worst though.  The other night I had to take something for the pain, it was that bad.  I'll live but it's unpleasant.





 

12 comments:

  1. Do they hold Olympics for dogs? If so Speedy Charlie could win a medal for Canada! Just think of how proud you will be when you see him on the front page of "The Edmonton Journal".

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that gorgeous floral photo! That sore throat wouldn't be strep, would it? That hurts like hell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your throat! Do you think it's strep? I've never heard of lavatera but the flower looks beautiful. I'm glad one plant pulled through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a strep test and a covid test, both negative, but my throat still hurts like hell.

      Delete
  4. That is a gorgeous flower. I had a greyhound who was very considerate of my yellow lab, Bill. He thought he was the fastest dog on earth. She would trot along with him and always let him win! What Steve said, strep?

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/16/health/doctor-gets-covid-needs-stitches-trnd/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the wonder on kids' faces when they see something grow from seed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awful about the throat; the only time mine has hurt like that was with strep but I see from a comment above that your test for that was negative. It's great that the two dogs get along and that you're enjoying the time with them. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never grown anything from seed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Might be time for another strep test.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning pink that flower is! Jack is growing up with playful dogs. That's a lovely thing. I do hope your sore throat releases you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like Blogger ate my comment. Oh well, it was just another query about strep throat, so no big loss, LOL!

    ReplyDelete