Wednesday, June 28, 2023



View of downtown Vancouver from Kitsilano and the fish and chip foodtruck that we had lunch at.
 

My middle daughter and her nephew having fun.

We made it home last night, everyone exhausted, cranky and hungry, after two days of driving.  I spent the day doing laundry, putting everything away, vacuuming up the dog hair that was everywhere and washing the floors.  Our house sitter was seventeen so I didn't expect the floors to be clean, but she did a good job with everything else; the dogs were happy and the cat was still alive.  

Jack is so happy to be home.  He kept asking when we were going home.  He got to see lots and visited aunts and uncles but the best part of the trip for him was the swimming pool at the last hotel in Burnaby and hanging with poppa in the pool.  He's always been afraid to jump into a pool but with poppa in the pool (and a two year old girl who was jumping into the pool without fear) he did it.


I'm still tired and heading to bed shortly.  

10 comments:

  1. Such sweet photos of your middle daughter and your husband playing with Jack! The weather looks beautiful and it sounds like you had a great trip. Although they may not always realize it, kids love routine. My grandsons sleep poorly away from home, no matter how tired they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, great holiday for all. And one that Jack will probably remember now that he is so grown up. My daughter and family are stopping over in Vancouver in a few weeks but only 1 night on a much longer trip from the other end of the world to us. I hope she can at least see that skyline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everyone had fun! And good for Jack, learning how to jump in the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the pools at hotels are every child's favorite part of vacations. I can remember swimming in them and somehow they were just magical.
    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last picture is great! What fun for both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! Jack looks like a happy kid. I hope you are well rested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When we traveled as kids I was always SO happy to have a motel with a pool! That and "magic fingers" on the beds, though I had to beg my mom for a quarter to turn them on. Glad Jack had fun, and glad you're back home and getting things back to normal -- much to the relief of the animals, I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it great when they learn to jump into the pool without fear! sounds like the perfect little holiday.

    ReplyDelete