Saturday, December 31, 2022



I've spent the last two days here with a three and a half year old and about a million other little kids.  Jack had so much fun.  There was also hockey, badminton, bowling, a giant connect 4 game, giant building blocks and another indoor playground.

Last night he slept for twelve solid hours and I expected him to complain about sore muscles today, but he didn't.

I tried the slide on the right and the obstacle course on the left.  Part of the obstacle course included a climbing wall which I may have slid down on the first try.  Jack also had the same problem but we both persevered and we both made it over the top.


 


Jack and I went by ourselves yesterday but today Poppa was off work and he came with us.  To say Jack had fun is such a gross understatement.  It's like saying that trump and George Santos fib.

Hugs were given and recieved.  One cute little girl in the playground, about two years old, looked at me and told me that I was a "Dummy grandma".  WTF!  I still don't get people, not even little people apparently.



Tonight we're making pizza and watching a movie, because we like to live on the edge.





Happy New Year!


12 comments:

  1. That looks like paradise for a young one! I can see the happiness beaming in Jack's face. I wonder if there's a place around here like that for my grandson. He would love it too. Me, not so much! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Indoor playgrounds never did well in southern California but perfect for where you are. What fun.

    Hopefully no new viruses were passed around 🤞🏼

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year's Eve 😊🎉🍷
    Looking forward to visiting you throughout the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh- what fun! I am so glad you found that place. I know Jack must be delighted beyond words.
    We just had some soup and some bread and now I am sitting here cursing my neighbor who is setting off fireworks. I want some peace. Is that really so much to ask?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The expressions on The Big and Little guys' faces speak volumes.
    Jack is a real little boy now, isn't he. The determination as he climbs the wall is beautiful.
    I hope 2023 is a wonderful year for you, Pixie. You deserve a break xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a really fun place! I love the hug smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't think of a more perfect place for a little kid. The proof - look how long he slept!!! But of course, I'm curious how long grandma slept too! Happy New Year Pixie, I hope 2023 is kind to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! What a great place for small kids. I would love to take Phoebe there. Perhaps the little girl was really saying "Do me grandma!" - meaning -"Please take me to the top of the climbing wall just as you did with your sexy grandson!" Nice to see both The Big Guy and The Little Guy in Dutch orange!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm very impressed by your "dummy grandma" move of climbing up that wall! Happy New Year to you, too -- may the year ahead bring you more ease!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That photo of Jack wrapped in his grandfather's arms just slays me. Jack looks so happy, as if he feels completely held and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a perfect little kid space. "Dummy grandma"?! Maybe she was saying "someone's grandma," or something like that. (Thinking positively here.) I laughed at your George Santos comment!

    ReplyDelete