Sunday, February 13, 2022

I took the dogs for a walk this afternoon.  The weather was warm and sunny but the ice was everywhere.  I'm very thankful for my ice cleats but man they're noisy.




The big guy and the little guy having a pillow fight, or the little guy's version of a pillow fight.  Just pile the pillows on top of poppa and then join poppa.


Miss Katie went out yesterday with one of her caregivers and they watched the swimmers.  She looks so grown up and happy.


I was trying to distract her with snap chat and she was having none of it.


In the news there are blockades at border crossings because some value personal freedoms more than the flip side of the coin, responisibilites.  We all live together.  We all need to take care of each other because none of us can do this on our own.




10 comments:

  1. I had never heard the term "ice cleats" before. We call them something different. By the way your freedom loving truckers made the news in Britain. They appeared to love freedom so much that they were drunk on the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. You are not going to sneak up on anyone in your cleats! But what a satisfying crunch they make!
    Oh, how I love Little Guy's love for his Big Guy. It is the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture that is the "heap of Big Guy and Little Guy"! And you're right, Miss Katie certainly looks grown up in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That trucker protest is taking on a life of its own, far from their so-called purpose. Ice cleats are yak trax or a step up from them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Loved walking with you and Heidi in the snow. This is the first winter that I thoroughly enjoyed taking long walks in the snow and was disappointed when it melted as soon as we had some rain. I love the freedom from slipping on ice that Yaktrax give me. I first heard them referred to as "cramp-ons" or was it "clamp-ons" in the 1970s. "Ice-cleats" describes them well. It's already seeming like spring here but we still could have snow again or icy conditions.

    Love these happy photos of Jack and The Big Guy and Katie.

    Great cartoon!! That's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just shaking my head at those people, and those who have been cheering them on. Very disappointed, but shouldn't be surprised I suppose. They're the kind of people who think Trump and his enablers aren't pieces of shit. We've got them here too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The right-wingers have made an industry out of not caring about anyone else. I would argue that's why they're drawn to that particular ideology. It's easy to be selfish and harder to think about what's good for your neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I like Jack's version of a pillow fight better than the old way! Lovely to see Katie looking so fully herself.

    ReplyDelete