Saturday, January 15, 2022



The little guy and I took Heidi for a walk to the dog park in an effort to get all of us some exercise and fresh air.  Mission accomplished.  We found two balls and Jack and I took turns throwing them for Heidi and she chased after them.  We walked to the small hill there, through the deep snow because Jack did not want to stay on the path.  He kept getting stuck in the snow and I had to keep rescuing him.  We slid down the hill once and then started back to the car.  Nana got a lot of exercise then,  carrying him, dragging him on his back which was great fun apparently, and pointing him in the right direction over and over again.  Mission accomplished though, fresh air and exercise for all involved.




I took this photo of Heidi this morning.  I can't help myself.  I think she's so beautiful and so sweet.


At lunch time, Jack and I picked up Gracie and we drove to one of the swimming pools here.  Gracie has talked about swimming lessons for the last two years and has never done anything about it.  In December, I signed Jack up for swimming lessons and today was the first day.  Gracie didn't look like she had much fun but Jack had a great time.  Supervised visits continue.  

I may get back to swimmng.  I love swimming and miss it but I do hate putting on a swimsuit now, actually I've never really liked swimsuits.  When I was young I thought I was too thin and now I think I'm too jiggly and plump.  We're never really happy with our bodies, are we?  Fucking advertising.

I joined a literary jokes and puns group on Facebook.  They make me smile, daily.






13 comments:

  1. A little boy instead of a baby! He’s gotten so big.

    Too bad Gracie couldn’t enjoy. We miss so much by being somewhere else 😞

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely day. That's for sure. Splendid portrait of Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Building lovely memories for the little guy. Heidi has a beautiful face. I love black and tan dogs. We have two.
    You can't help but giggle and groan and a good pun. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi looks positively regal in that picture. She's a good girl. Good for you for taking Jack to swim lessons. I never learned how, I could dog paddle and not drown, but could not go anywhere. It's unfortunate Gracie could not enjoy one of her child's milestones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things are sounding so much more positive ... Let's hope it continues!
    Heidi is a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Co-incidentally, I have never liked swimsuits either. Much prefer skinny dipping - as long as there are no piranhas around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kindness in including Gracie is amazing. But it is really all about Jack, isn't it? Good job, Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a very fine and loving woman. You are tending to all of Jack's needs whether they be food and shelter or swimming lessons or exercise or the inclusion of his mother. And love. All of the love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're a great grandma and I'm sure Jack had a blast! It's exhausting though isn't it. My kids took Charlie up the mountain sleding for the first time this weekend. I suspect their skiing days are over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does feel good to get out of the house. I love fresh air! Heidi has a beautiful face--pretty markings. Wearing a swimsuit isn't my favorite thing either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can just picture the Little Man learning to Swim, good way to wear his Ass out Grandma... Brilliant in fact... especially when you have Supervised Visits for Mama and she's a Hostage to make do it with him... double Brilliant. *winks* I finally couldn't outrun The Rona and Tested Positive and got Corona Extra by having COVID Pneumonia, I've always been so 'Extra'. So, it sucks... Isaac Tested Positive too and by some fluke The Man Tested Negative. After Two years of trying to outrun it I was exhausted by attempted Mitigation anyway, the Country has failed so miserably to do the right thing and have any Unity of Purpose. Every State, every City and Town, every Person, just doing their own Thing... so I knew it would have to just burn thru us all eventually. The Guys had it back when they lived in Washington, don't know Princess T's Status since she was in School when we got Tested... we'll assume she could have it and keep her out of School for Quarantine, since it's in the household. I may have Two Weeks of Rant Posts to keep Sane with this houseful. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are doing great things for that boy, that's what counts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a beautiful picture of Heidi!

    "Angie O'Plasty" -- LOL!

    ReplyDelete