Thursday, July 22, 2021


I went for a walk with the dogs after supper yesterday and the light was so different and beautiful.  I walk the same paths most days and every day there is something different in the light or in the growth.  It's never the same path twice.

My son messaged me on instagram this morning, the only app I don't know how to block;  the baby was born yesterday.  A little boy that my son named after himself.  It's also the same name that the police use for my son as I always called my son by his second name.  So a new baby has come into the world, already saddled by his name.

I'm not getting involved.  I hope that my son turns his life around.  I've quit praying because I realized I only prayed for what I wanted to happen and I needed to let go of that, but I always hope for my son.  I hope he can love his son.  I hope that he will be there for him.  I hope that he will support him.  I hope that he never lays a hand on him.  I hope that he doesn't lie to his son.  I hope he stops drinking and using.  I hope he pays attention to and listens to his son.  

I know it's a lot to hope for.  Go big or go home, right?

The sun came out yesterday, for the first time in almost a week.  The smoke haze has been hanging over the city, obscuring the sun, forcing most of the insects to lay low.  I didn't know bees use the sun to navigate but they do.  Apparently, most insects use the sun to navigate.  Another effect of climate change I was unaware of.




11 comments:

  1. Truthfully, I have no words. Just sending you hugs and admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go to your son’s Instagram home page and click on the three little dots in the upper right corner, you’ll be able to block him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nature photos are terrific. You are so good at capturing light.
    I feel sorry for your son's son. I know you do too but you are right not to get involved.
    May at least some of your hopes be fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much hope, so much to hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have nothing here but hugs and surges of love sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That light on the path you walk again and again is so beautiful. This post is full of the light of you. Sending love always, especially to the newly arrived baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I share your hopes for your son and his new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I so hope your son can pull it together for this baby.

    Took me a little while to figure to how to get here - the Disqus system I use doesn't provide an immediately clear link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your hopes for your son come to be also - for the sake of that baby in particular. But I think you are right not to get involved and I really hope your son gets his act together for this little one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers for our children are never wasted. Your hopes are prayers. May that little boy find his way, whether or not your hopes are fulfilled. That photo of the woods is so beautiful. You really are a gifted phtographer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson Lily! An innocent babe in spite of his name. I have a feeling you will be involved in the little one's life in spite of yourself.

    ReplyDelete