Sunday, April 11, 2021


My funk has still not lifted and it feels like it is transforming into depression.  You have no idea how much I hate depression.  It drains all of the color and beauty and love out of life and makes me feel dead inside.  Everything becomes difficult and overwhelming.  Nothing good can ever come again.  Of course that's not true but it is what it feels like when depression descends.

We took our grandson, who I shall name Jack from now because I'm tired of referring to him as the grandson or the little guy, to visit his father yesterday.  My son never showed up.  Nothing.  Not a word from him.  We don't tell Jack we're going to visit anyone so not a big deal right now.  My son has gone silent again so no idea what's going on with him.  I try not to let it  bother me but obviously it does.  

So we had Jack yesterday and decided to walk to the park before the storm started.  The skies turned quite dark and eventually it started snowing and turned into a white out.  There was thunder and snow, a new combination that we're not used to here.  We dropped him off with his mama and had a quiet/dull evening.  I'm tired of the pandemic too.



Swings at the park.


 Soccer pitch behind our house.

Things I'm thankful for today.

Visit with Katie.

The snow is melting.

The laundry is done.



No comments:

Post a Comment