Saturday, March 20, 2021

The little guy was with all last week.  Work was brutally busy, except for Thursday which was a maintenance day for one of the CT scanners.  



We were both off yesterday so after we picked up the little guy from daycare, we walked straight to the park.  He had a good time.



I took the dogs for a walk this morning but it's still icy and snowy in the trees.  The dogs don't care but I'm terrified of slipping and falling now.  My chin's still numb from my fall in December.  



Out of the trees, the park is ok.  Muddy but not really slippery which I can cope with.  

I'm collecting data about our numbers at work compared to staffing levels.  Our workload has gone up significantly without a corresponding increase in staffing levels so, data.  

My son and his wife showed up for a visit last weekend with the little guy.  It didn't last long as the little guy had been up for two hours in the middle of the night, not really sure why, and he was a little cranky and just wanted his poppa.  Wasn't a great visit and my son cut it short. 

So my son said he left his wife and then they show up together and now her facebook page says they're divorced so I don't know what the hell is going on.  To be honest I don't care, the little guy is still our primary focus, keeping him safe and his life predictable.  We have him next week as well.

I made progress in dealing with my anger and irritation with my coworker that drives me insane.  Last weekend I was listening to a radio program about how covid and the lockdown is messing with our brains.  People, a lot of people, are having a hard time, not just me.  Apparently some people just check out or don't pay attention to what's going on around them.  I've never really been able to do that but my coworker is a rock star at checking out.  Twice in the last week she either lost paperwork for a patient or didn't finish up with the patient, didn't access their port before taking the papers to CT.  

I told her what happened, without anger, and asked her to be careful.  She denied responsibility for either inicident, even though it was her.  She even said it was other coworkers.  She didn't own it.  We all make mistakes but she doesn't own her mistakes so never learns from her mistakes.  I get she's stressed and apparently from the way she normally behaves, she's been under a lot of stress for the past ten years that I've known her:)  I left it and told my manager what was going on and asked my manager to talk to her and then let it go.

One of my other coworkers is Chinese and said to me the other morning, "I'm so glad you're not racist."  I said, "Well, I'm glad too.  And thank you."  Apparently the coworker I talked about above harrasses her about taking breaks.  At first I thought, no it's not racist, our coworker is just an idiot but who knows?  Maybe it is racism.  I've never lived in any other body than this one so I can't say.  

So I'm trying to mind my own business which reduces my mental stress but the physical stress of running my ass off at work is tough.  I almost cried the other day because I had so many people waiting for IVs and then three tough IVs back to back which can take up to an hour to deal with.  

And now it's the weekend.  Laundry and cleaning.  I hate cleaning.  I hate a dirty house more than I hate cleaning though but I hate cleaning.  I hate cleaning toilets the most.  


A friend of mine at work sent me this morning.  He knows my sense of humor very well.


Best of all, I haven't fallen down the rabbit hole of depression.  I survived the winter of covid!

No comments:

Post a Comment