Wednesday, March 31, 2021


I went for a good long walk on Saturday and Sunday with the dogs at the dog park.  The weather was mild and we were due for a storm that hit late Sunday night.  The photos probably look dull and unispiring but to me they look like spring in Alberta.  



This photo is of the approaching storm front on Sunday afternoon.  Lots of wind, some rain, some snow and some thunder.  Fortunately none of our roof shingles blew off this time.  The weather is getting weirder, or at least weirder than I've seen in my lifetime.

We took the little guy to visit his father on Saturday at a mall.  My son was acting very strangely.  Conversations that went round in circles, paranoia, agitation and a lot of anger.  We finally left after an hour because my son wouldn't keep his mask on and kept arguing about it.  I didn't get angry in respone, I stayed calm and we just packed up and left.  I did cry in the car though.  He's my son and he needs help but I can't give it to him.  

The little guy is with us this week as his mom works evening shifts this week.  He's not feeling great, a runny nose, cough and fatigue.  Lots of cuddles and his bottle.  He's stressed but I'm thinking it's just because he's not feeling great.  He follows his poppa around like a puppy and doesn't want to let him out of his sight.  The big guy smokes in the garage and my grandson locked the mudroom door on him yesterday morning.  There was a lot of banging and crying before I made it downstairs and unlocked the door.  There is a key hanging in the mudroom now, just in case.

I'm off for five days which is heavenly.  The weather is even warming up so we'll get outside more.  Yesterday morning with the windchill it was -18C.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be 16C.  

I'm tired but not depressed which is nice.  I keep going, one foot in front of the other and sometimes I cry but mostly I'm ok.  


Last fall I collected acorns and stored them in my fridge over the winter.  Much to my surprise and delight, they survived and I am now growing oak trees as well as tomato plants on my kitchen counter.  I'm going to plant these future oak trees out of the way at the dog park and in one hundred years there will be some lovely oak trees shading the pathways.  The trees aren't for me, they're for my great grandchildren.


I can't remember where I saw this but it fit and makes me smile.  I always joke with patients that I'm losing my marbles, that there is a small hole in the bottom of my marble bag and that if I shake my head, I can hear the last two marbles rattling around inside my head.




No comments:

Post a Comment