Friday, February 26, 2021


I now have a ghost writer.  He's so pleased with himself that he can reach Nana's computer now.

I was talking to my manager on Monday and she said something about me being an extrovert and I corrected her and said that I am indeed an introvert, but she only sees me at work.  At work, with my patients, I am outgoing and funny.  I joke a lot with my patients but I also have compassion for my patients and I try to meet them where they are on their journey.  I talk to all my patients, try hard to remember their names, I want them to have a good experience in our department.  In real life I am quiet, have a hard time making small talk and tend to keep to myself.  I refill my cup when I'm alone.  I like to walk alone.  I bake alone.  I sew alone.  I  need that time alone to recharge my batteries.

When I was a kid I was painfully shy.  I don't think I'm shy anymore but I still like my alone time and when I thought about that this week I realized part of the reason I feel so drained at the end of the day is me being extroverted at work.  I'm not about to change that because my patients matter but for me understanding how much extroversion takes out of me is a good start.  

Gracie came over the night to pick up the little guy and told us that she has been sober for ten days which is wonderful and I told her that.  I hope it sticks.  Our grandson needs a least one parent who is present.  My son also tells me that he has been sober for ten weeks.  I hope his sobriety sticks as well but I'm not holding my breath for either one of them.  

The little guy has us and the ladies at daycare and between all of us, we provide a lot of predictability for him which little people need.  I don't know what the future holds for any of us but right now it's good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment