Monday, January 1, 2018



Last year kinda kick my ass.  I spent the last three weeks of the year on medical leave.  I'm feeling much better.  I'm thankful for anti depressants and thankful I found a good counsellor.  I've also had assigned reading which has been enlightening.  Apparently I'm not the only one with children who disappoint and abuse.

I have not been taking care of myself and that needs to change.  I told my son that when he got out of jail that we told him that he could stay with us for three months and that his three months were now up.  He looked a little surprised but said that he would move out next weekend, which I will hold him to.  My son is not going to change and I need to accept that.  I don't know why he does the things he does but it doesn't really matter.  His life is not my life.  I need to stand back.

I need to work on forgiving my step daughter which will not be easy.  She hurt me, she hurt her father and she hurt her daughters.  Adults are one thing but you do not hurt children, ever.  This one will require work.

I start working four days a week now which will help me find more balance between work and my life.  I need time to exercise and relax.

I have also started quilting which I'm enjoying.  I love learning new skills.  I want to make my children and grandchildren quilts as keepsakes.  Something to remember me by when I'm gone, which hopefully won't be for a long time.


I'm thankful that I'm healthy and that my family is healthy.

I'm thankful for my friends.

I'm thankful for beautiful sunrises.

I'm thankful for home baking.

I'm thankful for a place to share my thoughts.

I'm thankful I continue to grow and learn.

I'm thankful for a small beagle who likes to sit on my lap and keep me warm.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment