Friday, January 19, 2018



This is one of the big guy's photos.  I'm pretty sure it's on the ice field parkway but not 100%.  That highway is the most beautiful road I've ever been on.  

I'm enjoying my reduction in hours at work.  I'm only working four days a week now and have a whole extra day every single week to do as I please.  Right now it pleases me to paint the big guy's house.  His daughter and family moved out of it in October and we have renters moving into it in a couple of weeks.  I'm basically repainting everything as I never did like the colors his daughter chose.  And she left a multitude of holes in the walls.  It's just easier to repaint.  I enjoy it and everything looks new and fresh.

The days are getting longer.  Last night I left work at 5pm and there was still light in the sky.  It was marvelous, and this morning the sun is just coming up now and it's only 8:30am.  The worst is behind us.

I'm feeling much better.  My son has moved out.  He continues to lie and mess up his life but I have stopped feeling responsible for his behavior and stopped feeling guilty as well.  I don't know if he'll ever figure it out but it's his life. 

The deep grief I felt at having my granddaughters torn out of my life is getting better.  I told the big guy that it was comparable to the grief I felt when Katie was diagnosed.  It was a death in the family.  I'm working my way through it.  I worry about my granddaughters and pray for them nightly but can do nothing.  It's difficult.

Things I'm thankful for today.

Sunrise.
Hugs.
The big guy.
Going to visit my middle daughter in a few weeks.
Miss Katie is definitely not pregnant and will have bloodwork done to investigate her lack of periods.
Cannabis for Miss Katie.
Time to do nothing or anything.
Being the old nurse at work who can mentor.
A good book to read.

What are you thankful for today?


No comments:

Post a Comment