This photo will be sixty-one years old soon. It was taken for my third birthday and I was wearing my favorite dress.
We're all still sick in the house. Husband has joined me in the excess production of mucous, oh joy. He's sneezing and coughing, I'm still coughing up crud, and Jack and husband both have fevers. Jack just feels lousy. I am not impressed. Jack was supposed to be going to a skills assessment for his soccer this morning but that's not happening. Fortunately there will be another skills assessment on Monday evening.
Virtually nothing has happened all week. I did pick a bunch of tomatoes because it's getting cold at night but I ran out of energy after picking three plants. There are four more to go. I could show you a photo of the plants that I picked yesterday but that would require me getting up and getting my phone. Too hard right now.
I also have to pick apples because the apples are ready. I also have a photo of the tree but it's on the phone. See above.
Nothing will happen today and hopefully I'm feeling better tomorrow to take Katie out.
I got up to brush my teeth so I figured I could post the photos.




So sorry the household is feeling puny ... ginger lemon tea ... chicken soup 🍲... sleep!
ReplyDeleteBoy, you are loaded for tomatoes and the apples 🍎 are looking crisp and crunchy!
Feel better soon ... don't pass what you have to Katie!
I've cancelled Katie tomorrow because I really don't want her to get this, whatever this is.
DeleteI'd say this situation shouldn't happen again for 12 months!
ReplyDeletehahaha. Thanks:)
DeleteThat cake was almost as big as you were, and your fall harvest looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised my mum let me hold it myself to be honest. The harvest turned out pretty good. Everything is picked and inside as there is a frost warning tonight.
DeleteWhat a large cake for a little girl to be holding. The scene looks perilous.
ReplyDeleteWise to cancel the visit to Katie.
You have such a great crop of fruit. I suppose you'll have to do something with the abundance rather than eating it at once. Hmm, frozen apple pies and a spicy tomato relish.
I ended up with fifteen pounds of apples, much better than the single apple last year:) I'm guessing I'll give some away. The tomatoes will be made into sauce. and I cancelled my visit with Katie.
DeleteThat is quite a harvest. I think the same way about my back: if I lift something too heavy, I'm in agony for a few days. And the whole time, I think do I appreciate all the days my back doesn't hurt??
ReplyDeleteI often forget that my body is no longer young and will complain when abused:)
DeleteI swear- y'all get far more tomatoes than we do. It's just too hot here to grow good tomatoes.
ReplyDeleteDon't you just love bugs that keep circling the house?
No. No you do not.
Your apples! I am jealous.
Apparently tomatoes stop flowering when it's too hot. I never knew because that's not a problem here:) We have the opposite problem, they stop growing when it's too cold (or maybe that's the same problem).
DeleteJack's going to see his mom today so we'll get a little break.
The apple tree did well this year.
I hope you all are feeling better soon. I have no photos of myself as a little kid. They are somewhere in my mother's house. Your tomatoes and apples look great. The tomatoes that I planted this year didn't really do so well. Maybe it was the heat.
ReplyDeleteI just found out that tomatoes can't handle too much heat, or too much cold. They have a sweet spot, or maybe a Goldilocks spot.
DeleteI am I am mad-jealous about the tomatoes; You are a lucky one for that!
ReplyDeleteI enjoy growing tomatoes, even though I don't like eating them raw. I'll be making a lot of sauce this year which is good; it usually last me until the next summer.
DeleteWhat a craptastic start to the school year with everyone sick! :( I remember always getting something by the end of September/early October. Hope all of you are better soon! I love homegrown tomatoes; John has been giving me some of his!
ReplyDeleteWe are slowly getting better but it's been a long haul for me and the husband. Jack seems to have recovered quite well while the two of us are still tired, coughing, and full of snot.
DeleteSorry about your cold (or whatever it is). What a drag! You do have a lot of produce going there.
ReplyDeleteI looked up cold vs. flu vs. RSV. Apparently we had the flu, not that it really matters, it was a virus, not even an entire cell that took us down. Mad respect for viruses.
DeleteThat's a very big cake for a three-year old! Must have been a big party.
ReplyDeleteThe things we should be grateful for, like no runny noses, yes, agreed.