All of the crabapple trees are in bloom. We don't get cherry blossoms here but we do get gorgeous crabapples blossoms and the scent is worth the mess in the fall when all the crabapples drop on the driveway.
Jack's been having a hard time with hay fever and his eyes. We ended up going to see a doctor yesterday, I was worried he might have scratched his cornea because he said the pain was so awful. The doc decided it was probably either pink eye (I don't think so, no discharge), or allergies. She ordered drops and they are helping already.
I met a new GP yesterday and she has agreed to take me on as a patient. She's also only ten minutes away, as opposed to the last one who was a 30 minute drive, longer in the winter. She also looks young enough to still be working when I'm an even older lady:)
Really not much going on. Walk dogs. Do a little pottery. Put laundry away. Pick Jack up from school. Katie is doing well, which I appreciate and my son starts back to school in October for carpentry. I'm very proud of him. He's trying to rebuild his life and it's not an easy thing to do.


I love the color of that mug too. And the textured design is so very pleasing. It will be so nice to start your day drinking coffee out of it.
ReplyDeletePoor Jack. Allergy eyes suck. I'm glad they have meds for them now.
And glad that Katie is doing well.
And honestly- what a very positive thing it is to hear about your son learning to be a carpenter. I do believe that people who work with their hands like that find the work very, very satisfying. And gratifying. And may help calm his demons.
The glaze on that mug is part of what convinced me to try out this studio. I don't drink coffee though, although once in a long while, I'll have a cup of hot tea and I'll use the mug for that.
DeleteMy son has been working for a year with this company. He started out as a temp, now he's permanent, and he'll start his apprenticeship in October. The irony is that he already has a business degree, with a specialty in finance, from this institution. Maybe he'll start his own business one day and help out other ex convicts.
Wouldn't that be a beautiful thing?
DeleteI love the color and design of that mug and would buy it in a store if I saw it. I'm happy that Jack's eyes are improving! I've scratched my cornea and it was excruciating. In his case, it's probably the allergies that are irritating the eyes. Yay for a new doctor! Mine is young too but she probably won't stick around. My clinic has lost most of their doctors due to being bought out by Optum. :( I wouldn't know where to go next if she leaves. Carpentry and building things in general gives a sense of accomplishment--making someone out of virtually nothing. I think your son will benefit from that!
ReplyDeleteHe was telling me how incredibly painful his eye was, which is made me wonder if it was a scratched cornea, not just scratchy eyes from allergies. The drops are helping.
DeleteHealth care in the US is shameful, or really, the insurance companies in the US are shameful. United Healthcare Insurance makes billions of dollars per year and it's CEO makes $61 million/year. It's disgusting.
The mug looks great.
ReplyDeleteI really hope your son continues to move forward.
I hope so too Andrew. Thanks.
DeleteYour pottery is better and better. I love the concept of impressing designs into the clay.
ReplyDeleteI have awful eye issues with allergies, pain, itching, swelling. My eye doctor says sometimes the allergies pull down the resistance and let in things like pinkeye.
I was thinking back to my mugs a year ago and I can see the improvement. If I had more time, I could practice more:)
DeleteI'm thankful my allergies aren't too bad.
That mug is beautiful. You are very talented.
ReplyDeleteI hope Jack feel better soon. Allergies are not fun.
And such good news about your son.
Thanks Sparkling:)
DeleteThat mug is so fancy!!
ReplyDeleteI remember when you feared your son was beyond hope. He has really turned things around, I'd be proud of him too. -Kate
I was wrong and I'm so thankful that I was wrong.
DeleteI love the color on the mug too. That shade of blue is one of my favorite colors. I can understand itchy allergy eyes as I have them too. Crabapples were very common in upstate NY where I grew up. I remember how beautiful their blooms were.
ReplyDeleteCrabapples have such beautiful blossoms, but they are also messy, messy trees. I love that colour of teal as well. Makes me very happy.
DeleteBeautiful mug - gorgeous color.
ReplyDeleteThanks Colette:)
DeleteYour short phrase *...trying to rebuild his life and it's not an easy thing to do* will bounce around in my head all day, maybe forever. I too have an adult son who needs to rebuild his life and I'm at a loss as to how to help. Your plate is so much more full than mine but your successes give me some hope.
ReplyDeleteOnly your son can rebuild his life. I didn't have contact for long stretches at a time with my son when he was in jail, drinking, doing drugs, messing up his life. But now, he's trying to do better, and succeeding.
DeleteThe highlight of this post is your son. It sure is not easy to do and he is doing it. BTW, I really like the color and the mug in general.
ReplyDeleteMy son he thought he would be dead by now, but he's not thank goodness. He's had a hard life and there are things he doesn't want to talk about.
DeleteThat's good news about your son. Fingers crossed! And your mug is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI hope my son does well.
DeleteThat is a beaut of a mug...will show my wife...no doubt our collection will grow.
ReplyDeleteI imagine you have a few mugs:) I give a lot of my stuff away. I'm still learning and a lot of it is wonky, or wabi-sabi as it's known in the pottery world.
DeleteBeautiful mug! You're doing some great work! I'm glad your son is still doing well, too.
ReplyDeleteMy mugs are improving. Lots of practice:)
DeleteI'm glad my son is doing well too.
I have a mug collection and I would give my right arm for this mug.
ReplyDeleteAre you left handed? Glad you like the mug.
DeleteBeautiful mug, lovely design.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sabine:)
DeleteThe mug is beautiful!
ReplyDelete