I've been taking Heidi to the dog park once in awhile. Charlie is still an asshole, so he doesn't get to come. I tried to take him for a walk yesterday afternoon and he was too busy barking at the dog on the corner, through the fence. I was mad and told him, "That's it, we're not going for a walk." It might have been quite hot too. I took him earlier this morning and it worked out better. I wasn't so hot and bitchy.
I was sad for a couple of days, things happened, I got sad. But this time I just let it be and acknowledged that I was sad and that was ok. Sad is a part of grief. And today, I feel much better. I didn't go down the rabbit hole of depression, but just Named it to Tame it. I even told myself that it was ok to feel sad, instead of pretending I wasn't sad, or beating myself up for feeling sad. This shit works:)
Who knew that emotions could come and go, like waves on a beach? Well, a lot of people actually, but not me.
My friend with multiply myeloma saw her oncologist and got an update. He said she's doing well enough to come off the drug she's been on for the last eight years, an immunomodulator. He told her she can give her body a rest for a couple of months and he's given her a few more years, based on how she's doing. Happy news, but of course I cried when she told me in the middle of the greenhouse. He also has no idea what's causing her dizziness, but the GI problems are likely linked to the drug. She feels better already.
Katie meets with the person who will assess her to see if she's competent (Katie, not the woman), tomorrow morning. This is for the trusteeship. I'm going too. Should be interesting. My ex husband is sulking because he wasn't consulted on something that he forgot to fill in on the trusteeship forms. Oh well.
My husband is making me two new planters which should last for the next twenty years. They are solid and I can't wait to plant some flowers in them. It's hot as hell here but is supposed to cool down on the weekend.
Life goes on.


I need some new planters--does he ship? :) If we can be happy, we can also be sad. They're emotions, with no right or wrong to them. Naming it to tame it is a great way to describe the process. That's wonderful news for your friend, especially if she's feeling better. Medications always have some side effects; unfortunately, they're often necessary. I'm glad she gets to take a break!
ReplyDeleteThe shipping costs would be prohibitive:) Can John make you some?
DeleteI'm so glad my friend is doing well enough to come off the drug for a short bit. And even happier that her life expectancy has been extended.
That's good news for your friend. I hope she continues to improve and feel better every day she's able to be off that drug!
ReplyDeleteVery good news:)
DeleteThat's reasonably good news about your friend.
ReplyDeleteOh yes. Recognise you emotions. A diversion on our way home last Sunday after an enjoyable country outing in the new car to buy a bag of rice should have taken 15 minutes took nearly 40 minutes because of a traffic accident. I snapped at the lads about something and while I didn't say sorry, I did say 'You can tell I'm tired and and getting crabby. I just want to be home'.
I rather like the idea of Katie assessing the woman to see if she is competent. Good luck.
I am to the point of not saying it will last me twenty years, rather, it will see me out. Mind, my mother lasted until she was 89.
How come you didn't apologize? Nobody is at their best when they're tired.
DeleteThe assessment well this morning and Katie found out that the woman has three children. Things should go smoothly and may be done by September. Fingers crossed.
What a difference a month or two makes. I can remember your photos (that seemed recent) where it was all snow! I think it is always rewarding planting things and seeing them grow and prosper. And flowers always give me a good vibe. I find that I have days of sadness and I have to work to pull myself out of it. Walking and being outside seems to help me. Good luck with the trusteeship meeting.
ReplyDeleteThe meeting went well this morning. Katie has no idea about money and that's obvious to everyone once they meet her. The woman was very nice and she was kind to Katie.
DeleteI just bought more flowers. I can't wait to plant them!
I often say, "I'm having a hard time right now." The hard time may be because of a lick of the black dog of depression or it may be a situation coming up causing me anxiety or it may just be one of those times when I wake up and seem to have lost my ability to feel happiness. I try to figure it out and then try to remember that this too, shall pass. It ain't always easy, is it?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sky picture.
I know that I was depressed when Katie was diagnosed, and I do get depressed, but I wonder if more of it is ADHD. At this point, who knows? I feel good again today, so I'll take it.
DeleteWe do have beautiful skies here. I hope you have a wonderful day today Mary.
What super news about your friend! I take it this is an unexpected upswing? Lovely lovely lovely. -Kate
ReplyDeleteI thought she was getting worse, so I'm very thankful for good news.
DeleteI’m glad your friend, and you, are feeling better now. ❤️
ReplyDeleteMe too Jean:)
DeleteGood news on two counts. Your friend doing well and you doing well.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandra:)
DeleteWell, good news in here about the meeting and it finally showed up for me, so I can join in being glad the trusteeship is moving along and the assessor person was nice to Katie. Good all round.
ReplyDeleteclever husband to make such things!
ReplyDelete