Monday, February 23, 2026


I went to my pottery book club on Saturday night and had a wonderful time, although I was forced to paint a portrait of the person across from me:)  I am not artistic and I can't draw, or paint.  It was a good exercise for all of us I think, forcing us to try something new.  A portrait of a lovely lady, I've already apologized to her for my lack of artistic skills.



We talked about the book, and then talked about everything else.  These are good women who are wonderful to spend time with.  Plus there were three dogs, so lots of dog love.  

Poor Heidi vomited outside this morning, just outside the back door.  When Charlie came back in, he noticed the vomit and was trying to get it out of the snow (the vomit was frozen).  Now there are two magpies eating the frozen vomit.  Waste not, want not:)



My house is a mess right now.  The reno guys are coming tomorrow so hopefully the new vanity will be out of the dining room by the end of the week.  I still haven't put the binding on the quilt, busy and tired.  I'm still tired from the BP med, and hoping it will pass this week, or next week.

In the mean time it's snowing today, and still a little too cold to walk the dogs.  I still have painting to do in the bathroom, trim and the door.  A fresh coat of white paint always makes things look so nice.  Maybe today, maybe tomorrow.

23 comments:

  1. All in good time, me darlin' ... you're retired! xo Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes it's. Sometimes it's too easy to push things off until tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Painting, manana.
    A heartfelt apology to the painting victim, I should hope.
    The dogs will have lots of energy built up by the time they can go out for a walk again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poor dogs get a little bit of cabin fever with cold weather. I'm taking them tomorrow though.

      Delete
  3. Listen- if I'd painted that portrait, I'd be proud. I'm not kidding in the least.
    Maybe try resting a little to give your body time to adjust to the new med? Or maybe not. I know nothing.
    If that's a mess in your house, please never come visit me here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am taking it easy, believe it or not. Usually I get a lot done in a day, but not right now. I don't like piles of stuff, to be done. It's stressful. I am going to bed early and sleeping well which is nice.

      Delete
  4. From one non-artist to another, that's an excellent portrait. Kind of Van Gogh-ish. I'm glad your bathroom is being dealt with and that your painting will happen whenever you feel like it. (mostly) It's the great thing about retirement--no rush to do things. Usually. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did just a little bit of painting this afternoon, just a door, not much work at all. Thanks. I've never painted or drawn a person before. At least there are two eyes, a nose and a mouth:) The red scarf was in lieu of painting a neck.

      Delete
  5. You sound very busy, and I wonder if the tiredness is nature suggesting you take it a bit easier?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you caught your model's lovely smile with accuracy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have a lovely smile, and she's one of the nicest people I know.

      Delete
  7. My first thought....I love the color of the paint in the dining room! Here's hoping the Reno is over soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fan of green. The house is painted with greens, yellows, and some blues.

      Delete
  8. I had to giggle at your comment "the red scarf was in lieu of painting a neck" - we often discuss how my daughter used to paint rake hands whereas when she challenged me I put a bunch of flowers in her hands so I didn't have to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never drawn a face, maybe in junior high school, never mind painted a portrait, so necks were not happening.

      Delete
  9. Your house does not look a mess to me! And yes, dogs (and birds) are notoriously omnivorous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like everything put away and clear counters and tables. Unfortunately, that is not reality:)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I'm guessing you heard it too when you were growing up.

      Delete
  11. I’m glad you are taking it easy, even if it is frustrating. ❤️

    ReplyDelete