Last week I was walking Charlie, the light was beautiful and golden, now it's raining/snowing and cold.
Otherwise not much going on. Jack is in camp again this week, thank you god. The government is voting today whether or not to strongarm the teachers back to work (not a good look for an increasingly unpopular party often accused of overreach). This same provincial government wants girls over 12 to prove they were female at birth to participate in sports. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
I'm off to pottery this morning, although the dog is convinced I'm taking him for a walk. He's wrong poor guy. He and the cat both don't like me right now. He's not getting enough walks and the cat seems to blame me for the weather (as cats do).



Love the glasses! I wore lipstick for a long time. That is in the past now. Enjoy pottery and Jack's camp time. You cat also knows how to hold a grudge.
ReplyDeleteThere are bruises around the puncture marks now. Bloody cat.
DeleteI love my glasses too. The young women who sold them to me tried to talk me into getting larger frames. I said, no thanks, I already lived through the eighties.
Lipstick can be fun. It looks good on you.
ReplyDeleteLipstick never stays on my lips very long. No idea where it goes, into my stomach I'm guessing. We haven't had a wedding in our family in forever, so it's kind of a big deal (for me anyway). I used to love getting dressed up.
DeleteI love the idea of practicing with the lipstick. It looks pretty expert here.
ReplyDeleteThanks. It's a different colour for me. The young woman at Sephora said it looked good on me but I wanted a second opinion.
DeleteI love lipstick but the one I use "Clinique Harvest Moon" has been discontinued. I only have two tubes of it left! I feel like color on my lips takes the attention away from my wrinkles. :) What a mess with the teachers' strike and the government strong arm tactics. I'm feeling less and less optimistic about this world we live in.
ReplyDeleteSo have schools in Alberta been inundated with biological males wanting to participate in girls' sports? Honestly, what a non-issue. People need to get a grip.
ReplyDeleteThe UCPs problem is trans people, specifically trans kids. They want to interfere in their medical treatment, which during the teen years is only hormones. There are no trans girls trying out for the girls teams. It's a made up problem, like women being afraid of trans women in their bathrooms. It's bullshit. They are extremely transphobic and homophobic. It's sickening.
DeleteHello to you! Nice picture.
ReplyDeleteI've tried to become friends with lipstick but it stays on about three minutes, same with chapstick. Cannot stand the feeling and the smell. Nail varnish is worse, I pick it in my sleep. What's the matter ? Hidden trauma?
I can't stand nail varnish either, or foundation on my face. Lipstick never lasts long on me, not even the 12 hour kind.
DeleteI don't have enough lips left to support lipstick. However, I'm never without chap stick for my perpetually dry lips. Your hair is nice if it does that without blow drying, it looks good. I did answer the question about Jim on my recent post.
ReplyDeleteI blow dried my hair this morning to see what it would like. Good enough for the wedding. I don't really have lips either but what the hell. I always have my Burts Bees lipbalm with me too.
DeleteLookin' good, lady!
ReplyDeleteI heard on the radio that something like 30% of Smith's voters/supporters do not like what the Alta govt is doing re the teachers. If that doesnt make her give her head a shake ...
Danielle Smith is a narcissist and I'm sure she believes everyone else is the problem. There is now a recall petition to have the Minister of Education removed, using the UCP's new petition rules:)
DeleteYou take a great picture! I haven't worn lipstick in years.
ReplyDeleteI have a very crooked face due to Bell's palsy 40+ years ago and I'm self conscious of it. I never wear lipstick either.
DeleteI betcha nobody sees the crooked but you — I certainly don’t, even after you told us so!
DeleteYour hair looks fine to me. What's the next thing to make at pottery class?
ReplyDeleteThanks Andrew. I poufed it. It's technical term:)
DeleteI'm going to make a couple of embossing plates that I can use in January.
What’s an embossing plate?
DeleteThe provincial government of Alberta has some serious issues. Sounds like the Texas of Canada to me. That garbage regarding 12 year old girls is just nauseating. This feels like a serious piece of fake outrage to me. Serious question, when was the last time Ms Smith's administration actually did something good for the citizens of Alberta?
ReplyDeleteIt makes me sick too. I don't think Danielle Smith's administration has ever done something good for Albertans.
DeleteI quit using lipstick years ago when I couldn't get the color [burnt sugar] that I wanted and liked! It was a brownish pink ... never liked red! Now I just use Burt's Bee balm when needed! Plus ... I don't have lush lips anymore! 🤷♀️
ReplyDeleteI never did have lush lips and the thin lips I had are rapidly disappearing:) Burts Bee Balm is my constant companion, it's so dry in Alberta.
DeleteI miss the days when I was bold and wore lipstick. I am thinking about it again but so far- nope. You, however, look good in it.
ReplyDeleteMy mum always wore lipstick but never any other kind of makeup. I have never found a lipstick that stays on my lips, so why bother. It's just for the wedding.
DeleteUsually when a government orders striking workers back to work, the legislation specifies that the contract will be settled by binding arbitration. But for a government to use the Notwithstanding Clause to override the workers' civil rights and arbitrarily impose a new collective agreement is absolutely outrageous. It's quite simply Maple MAGA authoritarianism.
ReplyDeleteI second this comment too. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
DeleteI hope that this is beginning of the end for the UCP. For a party that loves to talk about freedoms, they sure don't like freedom very much. Bunch of fucking hypocrits.
DeleteYou have kind eyes
ReplyDeleteThanks John.
DeleteAs a fellow Albertan, I second that fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
ReplyDeleteIt makes me sick that they have done this. They have forced a contract on the teachers and shut down any kind of legal recourse and imposed heavy fines for anyone who doesn't comply. An election can't come soon enough.
DeleteYou look great with that color and I think your hair is very flattering to your face. I would never think it was in between cutting or growing out.
ReplyDeleteMy mom was alway a lipstick wearer. With her dementia for a long while she would still put lipstick on whenever we went out. Sadly this is one of the signs of her slipping away that I really notice that she no longer ever thinks about putting it on.
I never really was much of a lipstick wearer. If I put it on it was only once and then it would be long gone in a few hours. I remember one of my work friends always taking out her lipstick and freshening up after we had lunch. It was so ingrained in her she really didn't have to think about it. She is a bit closer to my mom's age than mine so I think it is part generational for them than me.
Mum would was born in the 1920s, so I think it was a generational thing too. Mum didn't need to wear makeup, she was beautiful without it.
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for the compliment about my hair. Hair is hard, women (me) never seem satisfied with our hair.