Sunday, April 14, 2024


I made it back home from Vancouver yesterday.  I had such a good trip, lots of sleep, lots of walks, lots of talks and a very good book.  It was also restful, not having to care for anyone else, no laundry, no cooking, no cleaning.  The photo above is taken not far from where my daughter and her fiance live, close to the water.  My future son in law had his company launch on Wednesday, so he was working a fair bit.  My daughter quit her tech job and is now hoping to make it in the world of online food bloggers; most of the stuff is on TikTok and Instagram though.  She's following her dream.


There was a day of rain but it wasn't bad and left lovely droplets on the petals.



 This is their baby girl.  She's two and a half years old and I'm proud to be called her grandma:)

And Jack came home this evening.  He's fast asleep upstairs.

25 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you got some time away to rest and relax. Your pictures, as always, are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. It was so good to have time to rest and relax, not something you've had much of lately.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had a great time and were finally able to get some rest and down time just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to visit Vancouver one day. Thanks for this picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vancouver is a beautiful city, hopefully you'll get a chance to see it in person.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad that you had a good stay in Vancouver and that your daughter and her beau made you feel so welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter and I have had our ups and downs, I felt very welcome. It was lovely.

      Delete
  5. This sounds just like what you needed. A food blogger, I wish her the best of fortune. That would be so fun! Pretty dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves cooking and she's following her dream. She's braver than me.

      Delete
  6. That sounds like so much sweetness! And exactly what you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to get away and refresh! I've been to Vancouver a couple times and enjoyed it a lot. It's a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very beautiful place and not as busy or big as Seattle.

      Delete
  8. I'm sure it feels good to be back home. It sounds like a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to be home. I think that's what vacations are for, to make you miss home.

      Delete
  9. A perfect break. I hope things continue to be calm and peaceful now you're home but I won't hold my breath!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like the perfect vacation, and visit with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to visit them and I got to meet my daughter's future mother in law.

      Delete
  11. Great trip report! Some well-needed rest. Your granddog looks like a real sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog's name is Reggie and she is so sweet and soft.

      Delete
  12. I watch every one of Rachel's videos that comes up on my Instagram feed. And save many of them for future reference. Especially get a kick out of it when she gives her dog a taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy the videos; each one takes her eight hours to make. Reggie is a gentle, sweet dog.

      Delete