Sunday, February 25, 2024

Jack's artwork from the past week.  He was home sick with diarrhea and I had taken a couple of days vacation, so we hung out.  I painted a couple of the hearts too and I had forgotten how much I enjoy being creative.  

The dogs were walked at the dog park.

The day was beautiful and warm, the sky was blue and what little snow we have is melting.



I'm feeling restless, but I always do this time of year.  It's snowing right now as I type, we're supposed to get 4-8 inches.  Should be fun driving to work in the morning.




It was the anniversary of my mum's death yesterday and I forgot until today.  Is that a good thing or a bad thing?  Can't decide but I do miss her.

I took Katie out for lunch today, as I do every Sunday, we had a nice time but she has a very sore left knee.  She had the adult equivalent of a temper tantrum last week and dropped to her knees on the cement floor of the garage.  Her knee is quite bruised and sore.

She has to go for another ECG in two weeks.  There were changes to her ECG that can be fatal, so I've been worrying about that.  I think it takes up more space in my mind than I realize.  If the changes still appear on her next ECG, we'll have to look at changing her anti-psychotics, so she doesn't die.  Fucking hell.

We watched the last of Ted Lasso last night.  If anyone hasn't seen this series, I would highly recommend it.  It's beautiful and funny and heartbreaking.  Of course I cried.

Jack has been with his mom since yesterday at lunch and should be home in about an hour.  I hope things went well for him.  

And that's about it.  

8 comments:

  1. I hope the doctors can find better medication for Katie if necessary. It must be very upsetting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope things went well with Jack. I know how anxiety inducing those visits are for EVERYONE. The snow is pretty, but it can go away! I hope that Katie's ECG will be normal so she can stay on the anti-psychotics which she must need. What a dilemma. Ted Lasso, what can I say? I've probably watched that last episode at least twenty times and it warms my heart every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never a dull moment for you. Look after yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things went well for him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We loved Ted Lasso. We've watched the whole thing! I hope Katie's condition proves to be transient and Jack's stay with his mom went OK. Thank goodness for melting snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that at this time of year the earth is restless too. Restless and getting ready to begin its life cycle all over again.
    I love the artwork you and Jack made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about Katie, hopefully she won't need to change meds. Fingers crossed Jack comes home calm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful hearts by you and Jack. I am sorry about Katie's knee, and I know how that mother worry about our children can stalk our thoughts. I absolutely loved Ted Lasso, and cried during the final episode, too. Maybe I will watch it again, a comfort binge.

    ReplyDelete