Tuesday, October 24, 2023


It snowed for a good part of yesterday.  Jack stayed home sick with me, both of us had covid and diarrhea.  I didn't realize that children often have more GI symptoms with covid and I didn't appreciate having diarrhea after coughing my lungs up for a week, but there you have it.  It's just an all around shitty virus to get.  

Jack went back to daycare today, no diarrhea and children only have to isolate for three days here.  Tomorrow I go back to work.  My abdominal muscles still hurt when I cough but not as much as they did.  

We had court today and everybody showed up.  My son was sober and polite.  He brought his emotional support person with him which is good; an older friend who is letting my son live with him right now.  My son is working in construction, staying out of trouble and there are no drugs allowed in the house.  All good.  You can tell there has been some brain damage done by all the drugs and alcohol though, my son didn't know his own age.  We're also going to set up a visit with him for Jack.

Gracie on the other hand showed up stoned on ativan.  Everybody has agreed to a JDR (judicial dispute resolution) which is good, that happens next month.  In the mean time, Jack continues to live with us and can only see his mom if she is supervised by her sister or mom, which is what we wanted to begin with.

Otherwise, nothing much going on here.  It's cold and slippery but it's supposed to be above freezing for Halloween which is nice.  I hate cold Halloween.  

Disclaimer

Anything that doesn't make sense, is entirely the fault of covid.






Still home, vomiting and diarrhea today.  Oh joy.


11 comments:

  1. Progress then. There was even hope in what transpired in court. Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the court hearing was positive and you're going the JDR route. Also glad to hear your son is doing better at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a cold and tested immediately for Covid-negative so far. I just had it at the end of August so I think it's unlikely but who knows? I had heard that GI issues are more common in these new variants. Yuck. The custody news sounds positive as does your son's progress. As for Gracie, it's so sad for everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The foggy brain with Covid was almost as bad as the physical symptoms. Feel better soon. And yay for the good outcome with Jack. And your son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess that pumpkin must sum up how you're feeling right now. I'm glad you and Jack are doing a little better, but boy you've had a rough time. And good for your son for doing the right thing in court. Long may it last, for his sake as well as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's hope the remaining recovery happens overnight., abdominal muscles included. They concept of snow and winter had not crossed my mind yet but unfortunately it's happening. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've had such a very, very hard time of it. One thing after another. I surely hope that you get some days of uneventful grace now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news about the court and that your son is doing well. You sure deserve a break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Gracie showing up stoned certainly proved your case. Hope you and Jack bounce back really soon, Covid is awful. We had an earlier variant with less GI involvement, which was good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're on the mend and I'm glad court worked out. Let's hope the JDR happens expeditiously.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh god, I'm sorry that you've been sick with Covid. I know you know to continue to rest -- that thing is a beast.

    ReplyDelete