Friday, May 12, 2023


Miss Katie stole her caregiver's shoes and then they put a lovely dress on her.  She's so beautiful and she loves high heels.  When both of my girls still lived at home, Katie would always steal her sister's shoes to wear, even the four inch heels.


We've had some rain, this was the sky last night when we took Jack and the neighbor's little girl for a bike ride.  Jack has a stryder bike, no wheels, and he's doing so well on it.


Spring has arrived in a rush.  I've planted all of my plants outside, three weeks early, because it doesn't look like we'll be having frost anytime soon, usually the May long weekend is for planting.  What can I say,  I lead a reckless life.

Not much else going on.  We're driving down to Wetaskiwin this morning to wish my father in law happy 89th birthday.  I honestly didn't think he'd survive the past year but he's a tough old guy.  I made him a nobake cheesecake with bumbleberry coulis, his favorite.

Highway 21 and 14 have been closed because of  smoke and fog, causing multi vehicle collisions, so we'll have to work our way around that to get to Wetaskiwin. 



11 comments:

  1. That's a lovely photo of Miss Katie! She looks like she's off to a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Katie looks so pretty and so pleased. Great picture!
    As is the one of the sky but in a completely different way, of course.
    You DO live a daring life. May your recklessness result in earlier tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Katie looks like a million bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is beautiful! What a smile. That sky is lovely and ominous all at once. I got a good laugh from "Moby"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good therapy to plant things; I need to soon! I love Katie's dress and she looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to look up what a stryder bike with no wheels was!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is quite the lovely picture of Miss Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kids next door have the balance bikes. One has graduated to pedals, the other two are working on it. They're such a good idea. Nice rainy sky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great photo of Miss Katie! She looks so happy! Do you mean the strider bike has "no wheels," or no pedals? A bike with no wheels can't really be called a bike, it seems to me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the Moby Dick cartoon - as a tee totaller, that so made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete