Thursday, January 12, 2023



Yesterday I took the dogs out for a walk, to the dog park.  As always, a beautiful place and it wasn't too busy because it was early afternoon.  While I was walking the dogs, my son phoned, I picked up, something I haven't done in years, and that's when all hell broke loose.




My son had Charlie with him and he wanted to come to our house.  He wanted Charlie to be safe; then he went into a long list of things that were going on, such as:

-people doing drugs in the basement of my daughter in law's rental
-children being held against their will
-sexual abuse by his wife, of their little boy
-a pedophile ring
-people attacking him
-barricading himself in the house with Charlie, pushing a sofa up against the door
-telling me that his wife had tried to kill Charlie with a crow bar
-people were following him or trying to stop him from keeping Charlie safe
-his stepdaughter was in danger, due to the pedophile ring
-he managed to get one of the children out of the basement

It went on for awhile.  I asked him if he was sober, yes he was.  I asked if he was hallucinating, no he wasn't.  He wanted us to take care of Charlie but I said we couldn't.  I told him to phone the police and children's services but he didn't want to do that.  I told him we wouldn't be home until 4:30pm and left it at that.

When I picked up my husband from work, he told me that my son had been there looking for me, but I wasn't working.  Then my son wanted to see my husband, but my hsuband told reception that he wasn't there and my son and grandson left apparently.

We drove home and picked up Jack at daycare.  We were late getting home and arrived about the same time as Jack's other grandma arrived to pick him up; she was going to take him for a couple of days.  As we stood there visiting on the driveway, I got a phone call from City of Edmonton Police.

My son was somewhere,  but they didn't know where, and they wanted to make sure that Charlie was safe.  We talked for a couple of minutes, I got her phone number and then texted my son.  He was in Sherwood Park, at the bus terminal with Charlie.  I told him to stay there; I phoned the police officer back and told her that I was picking my son and grandson up shortly and gave her our address.  Then we went to pick him and Charlie up.  

My son wasn't high or drunk but he was seriously delusional.  After the police arrived, my son told the police all of the same things that he had told us. They said they would investigate his allegations and they told him they could give him a ride home or they could arrest him.  He agreed to a ride home and we agreed to take Charlie home.

Once we go Charlie home, we sat and talked for awhile with my daughter in law.  Charlie was happy to be home and wanted his mama to hold him.  Charlie ended up on the floor, playing with his sister and her friend. My daughter in law has a no contact order for my son, but she keeps letting my son in.  We told her that needs to stop.  None of the allegations that my son made were true but all of them had a thread of truth running through them.

There were people in the basement; there is a rental suite in the basement and the renter had friends over.  My son could hear children's voices because one of the people visiting downstairs had their little girl with them.  There was a sofa beside the back door because my daughter in law had an extra, free, couch and was waiting for someone with a truck to help her move it to her daughter's house.  The guys visiting in the basement rental suite did come upstairs when they heard my son and his wife fighting and tried to intervene to keep my daughter in law safe.

Afterwards, one of the police officers sent me a link to mental health act forms, to have my son apprehended and have a psych evaluation done.   My son showed up again at 2:30 in the morning to his wife's house. She called the police, he was arrested and then they let him go.  

I filled in the Form and tomorrow I will take it to the Courthouse, a warrant for my son to be apprehended.  My heart is broken again.





15 comments:

  1. How strongly can I say, what an effing day. What a time full of heartbreak and tragedy. Mental illness is so cruel. You did everything right but I'm sure it still feels wrong. The whole situation is utterly fubar. I'm sorry. Love to you. You'll be on my mind and in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some tuff stuff to be going through. Sorry you are going through this. It doesn't sound like the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, fuck. So this is the hell that broke loose. You're right- it was and it did.
    He definitely needs to go into a mental facility. No doubt about that. A break with reality in that fashion is dangerous for all concerned. You have way too much on your plate and it never gets better, does it?
    Please keep us posted. Meanwhile, know you are being loved and thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What an ordeal. It definitely sounds like there are mental health issues going on and an evaluation is necessary. You are doing the right thing, no matter how difficult it is. Let us know what happens; we're all here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A psych evaluation is the best thing that could happen to your son right now. Addiction is often a way for people to try self-medicating underlying mental health issues, which of course just makes the situation worse. Your son needs psychiatric care. I hope he will understand that and get appropriate help. Good luck to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how awful for you all. My best thoughts go out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so so sorry. Your son is a danger to himself as well as others. Hopefully he has been apprehended. This is so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that all this trauma with the adults does not spill over into the younger generation ...... but how could it not? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not an easy decision to make, Pixie, but hopefully your son will get the help he needs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry it has come to this. You're doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Pixie, it’s too much. I ache for you. I’m so sorry this is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That last anon comment is from 37paddington.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds quite complex, especially if there are threads of Truth dispersed... and hopefully Social Services will investigate and ensure all Children in the household are Safe. I am glad your Son may receive Services for Mental Health, since, if clean and sober, it does sound like perhaps he's having episodes of detachment from Reality, which can be a torment and potentially dangerous if he unravels completely. I'm glad the Grandson is Okay and could be reunited and didn't seem harmed. Big Hugs to you my Friend.

    ReplyDelete