We made it home last night, unpacked, put stuff away and then went to bed. I had forgotten to take my anti-depressant yesterday because we left Coquitlam so early, 5:30am. I just remembered after we got got home at 10pm and then thought, I'll just wait until the morning to take it.
What I didn't know at the time, but know now, is that withdrawal symptoms from effexfor can occur in as little as 12 hours. I couldn't sleep, closed my eyes and had extremely vivid waking dreams, so much so that I couldn't fall asleep. I finally gave in and took a benadryl and fell asleep around 3am. When I did sleep my dreams were so vivid and long. The dreams included somebody famous, can't remember who, my girlfriend in Australia and her husband, murder, Holland, firewords and cleaning kitchens. I woke up dizzy and nauseated.
I took my pill this morning and won't miss another one.
We went and got Jack this morning and spent the day with him which was lovely. I missed him so much. He wanted to know where we had been. I told him we had a holiday. "What a holiday?" "Where you go on holiday?"
We had a lovely visit with my brother and sister in law, my sister and brother in law. We didn't do anything exciting; I didn't take many photos and it was a lovely holiday, one of our best. I was impressed with Parksville and want to go back, with Jack this time. He would love the endless beaches.

Welcome home! Glad you had such a good holiday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful and much-deserved holiday! It sounds like it was the perfect mix of activities and relaxation. I'm glad you got so much positive family time!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy you had such a nice time! You needed that.
ReplyDeleteNice to hear that you had a really good holiday and got to spend some quality time with your daughter and other members of your family. Welcome home!
ReplyDeleteAh- good to go away, good to come back. Sounds like all is well.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had such a restorative time with your family, and that you and your girl enjoyed each other so much. This is the sweetest part of life, I think. No wonder you want to share it all with Jack!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a lovely relaxing break - and a sweet catch-up with your daughter. Just what you needed, right?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful beach! I'm glad you had a good time on your holiday. I never realized that such a short break from meds could have such a profound effect.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful holiday and how lovely Jack was so pleased to see you. I was horrified to discover (like you) how quickly withdrawal sets in.
ReplyDeleteVacay sounds like it was really good. Beautiful beach. Your report on the quick withdrawal makes me think I should check the half-lives of a few of our drugs. It's news we can use!
ReplyDeleteSounds wonderful and relaxing. Jack will learn what a holiday is when you take him there.
ReplyDelete