Thursday, June 2, 2022



Very little going on here.  Family drama I suppose, not my family, my husband's and I won't go into it but it is causing him a lot of stress.  My father in law has rallied again thankfully.  He's a tough old man.  

The sun is shining and my plants are coming along.  I have one more container to plant and then that's pretty much it.  The only reason I haven't planted it yet is because I need soil and I just haven't had time to get some.

My foot continues to bother me and I'm still stuck at a desk.  I'm going to physio now as well and I'm tired of limping and having pain in my foot.  For some reason my arthritis is acting up today and all of my joints are very unhappy now too.  Sigh.  

Miss Katie is getting out and about again now that the pandemic restrictions have been lifted and her staff take her out regularly again.  Jack and her are not buddies anymore now though.  Jack was not a fan of her calling him a baby and got mad at her.  Last Sunday she laughed at him for some reason and that offended him as well.  He told her she was not funny.  Of course Katie laughed.

Next week the we visit the mountains with Jack.  I'm looking forward to it.  I can't remember the last time we stayed in Jasper; it's been awhile.  We'll meet my daughter and her boyfriend there for a few days and then they're coming back to Edmonton with us for a couple of days.

Aside from work, Jack, Katie and driving back and forth to Wetaskiwin a few times a week, nothing much is going on:)

10 comments:

  1. Have fun in Jasper! I was there AGES ago -- 1990, I think. I suppose it's changed a bit since then. (Well, maybe not the mountains themselves.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I'm sorry Jack and Miss Katie are no longer friends, that's a lovely photo of her! I'm sure they'll kiss and make up though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the family drama--it is SO wearing. There are already so many stresses in life without that. I can't think of too many families (if any) who don't experience a certain level of it. Sorry about Jack and Katie; they sound like siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can see how Jack would be upset by being called "Baby" and I can also see why Katie would call him that. Hopefully, they will find their way back to being friends.
    A trip away sounds just like what you need. Now- if only your foot would get better and the family would quit being all dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For someone who has nothing going on you're awfully busy! Enjoy your time away and listen to your body. I think it just might be telling you to slow down and take it easy. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pleased to hear that your BC daughter and her boyfriend are going to stay with you for a couple of days. It will be a good opportunity to strengthen relations with her and who knows - maybe have a bit of fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was really hoping time off the foot would help it improve. Bad feet, or foot, affects everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fabulous to be going to Japsar - I can only dream; maybe one day... But then there are fabulous places here in Wales too. I guess we have to make the most of what we have, with places and with people too, even if we do fall out from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a good day it was when you moved Katie to her current home. She seems to be thriving. Jack will one day understand her joy in seeing his wee sweet self.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think as Jack matures he and Katie will find that special spot to bond again and the pureness of her Joy, Love has a way of evolving like that between difficult spots. I'm glad she's able to get out again, I'm sure it was difficult for her to comprehend what was going on to break with routine, small Children too, COVID has been hard on us all, but those of us with understanding about what had to be done and why made it easier to move thru I think. I'm just now having time to catch up on reading Blogs... and wading thru everyone's Archives, which has been captivating, everyone has been sharing some great stuff.

    ReplyDelete