Saturday, July 3, 2021


Jack has been with us since Tuesday night.  It's all blurring together.  He's such a sweet little boy but he's such a little boy.  He has so much energy and he's two so he's busy asserting his independence, both of which can be exhausting.  

This morning we took him to the zoo, to see some animals and to run off some energy.  Mission accomplished;  he's sleeping on the couch behind me with the fan on.

His best buddy right now is his poppa which can be hard on a poppa because everybody needs time to themselves.  Poppa is sleeping right now on the livingroom couch.

It's still hot here but the temperature has dropped to something that is manageable.  It's only supposed to be 28C today and I can live with that.  

Nothing much else going on.  Still haven't heard back from my daughter.  That young woman can hold a grudge but that's on her.  I did reach out to her and she ignored me.  

My son hasn't contacted me either which is lovely.  His wife is due this month.  I have no idea if they're still together or not.  I doubt it.  I feel so sad for his wife but I am not getting involved.

I sent my spit off to 23 and me, for genetics testing, out of curiosity.  Turns out I have more neanderthal genes than 75% of the people who use 23 and me.  Not really a surprise there.  My ancestors were into cross border shopping, so to speak.

I also found out that I am 98.8% English and Irish.  Again no surprise.  I'm at higher risk for type 2 diabetes.  My father, brother and one sister all have type 2 diabetes.

What did surprise me is that I have 1500 cousins.  Hopefully this is not in my future:)




8 comments:

  1. Oh Jack is a doll - he's a big lad now isn't he! But I get what you mean about all that energy. There's a reason you're supposed to have babies while you're young isn't there! And good luck with all those cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anything more peaceful than the people you love most having a well-earned sleep beside you? Jack is a happy boy, even if you and the big guy are exhausted. Do you think you will become involved with the new grandchild that is on the way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to get involved with this new baby and that breaks my heart but I can't do this again. And knowing my son and his biological father, this could go on for years.

      Delete
  3. Interesting what 23 and Me was able to show you but all those cousins! Wow! At least the one in the picture has a truck! See if he has teeth ... clean him up and he'd be kinda cute!
    Jack is adorable but those 2s can be a stressful time for everyone! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is Gracie? I have this feeling that she could just disappear from Jack's life. I hope with all of my heart that that does not happen. You are wise not to become invested in this new child. You already have too much on your plate. Bless you, sweet woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the zoo...
    Which animals did Jack like best?
    Which animal did Grandma like best?
    Which animal did The Big Guy like best?
    Glad to hear that the temperature has dropped to something more manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, what a lovely boy. Enjoy this time, kids grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete