Thursday, July 15, 2021






I took the dogs for a walk early this morning, before it gets too hot.  It's hazy and smoke has started to blow into the city, obscuring everything.  

I'm so tired and cranky.  Last night I had awful dreams about misplacing small children.  I went to a retirement party, less than ten of us, and it was so hot outside on the patio that I ended up feeling faint and had to lay down on the patio.  Of course this was quite hilarious to some of my co-workers and videos and photos were taken while I lay there.  I sat in the air conditioned house for about fifteen minutes, drank ice water and felt revived enough to drive home.

I just realized that I'm not so much tired as depressed, again.  My feet have been hurting so I've been taking ibuprofen which gives me heartburn, so I take pepcid.  I can take pepcid for a day or two but after that it drags me down.  I was feeling okay until I wasn't and now it has to work it's way out of my system and let my gut back to normal and then I'll be back to normalish, or as close to normal as I come.  

We were shortstaffed on Tuesday and I promptly burst into tears.  I got it together and made it through the day okay but I hate crying at work, even though my co-workers are used to it.  Our shit for brains politicians have decided that nurses should take a 3% pay cut.  The pandemic isn't even over, nurses are worn out and are working short staffed because nurses are not being replaced as they leave;  why not kick them while they're down?  Meanwhile, in the past ten years, these very same politicians wages have more than doubled.  I feel disrespected.

I know I'll feel better soon but I do hate feeling down and weepy.  I need to let go of my expectations and just accept it, sometimes I get depressed and some medications make me feel more depressed.  It's frustrating though.  I work so hard at dealing with my depression and it still bites me on the ass.  

18 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! My oldest son goes through these bouts of depression, too! It was worse when Trump was trying to ruin our country, but my son is doing better. My daughter-in-law helps him get through them.
    Sometimes I have panic attacks ... those are bad enough!
    Hopefully your readers can help buoy you up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling better. tRump affected my mood too. There was so much hatred and anger in the air. It was hard not to be affected by it.

      Delete
  2. Nurses are getting a 3% pay cut? This is criminal and horrible and so short-sighted. Do they not think that nurses are already at their limit and many will take this news with a letter of resignation?
    My god. If nursing wasn't a woman-dominated field this would never happen.
    Please take care of yourself. I am furious at this news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling better every day, thanks. The premier here is an admirer of the orange one. Dumb shit.

      Delete
  3. A pay cut to nurses is ridiculous. How stupid can politicians be? Of all people, nurses should be the Best Paid Ever. A kind nurse, an experienced nurse, is an angel sent straight from heaven when you are in the hospital. One good nurse is worth any number of doctors, I say.
    If Albertans don't vote the Cons out the next election, I swear... .

    Depression sounds like such a painful thing. If only friendship and caring could lessen it ... if only words could lift your spirit ... if only it was that easy ...

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The UCP needs to write a book on how to piss people off. They are truly a clueless bunch. They have managed to piss of the left and the right at the same time. They wanted the paycut to be retroactive but they changed their minds on that. They are the highest paid politicians in this country and are upset that the nurses are too.

      Depression does suck and it is painful. It is lifting thank goodness.

      Delete
  4. Why in the world would they cut nurses pay? Not only are you angels, but there is a shortage of nurses. Ridiculous. Might be time to unionize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a very good union, thank goodness.

      Delete
  5. That's crazy, about the pay cuts. If anything, medical caregivers should all be getting raises! Sorry you've been battling depression and fatigue. For what it's worth, your photo is pretty. I guess that's fireweed, the pink flowers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fireweed.

      We haven't had a raise in four years but I know times are tough and no raise is fine with me. Originally the government wanted the cut back to be retroactive for one year which would have meant we would have had to pay back the government for working last year.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry about your depression keeping a stranglehold on you. I know all too well how it can control your life. Even though DJT is no longer in power his grasp has yet to loosen. Things are still crazy as shit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and yes, the world is still crazy as shit.

      Delete
  7. You are innately such a good person and a diligent nurse too. It seems so unfair that depression sometimes arrives to darken your days. Good job you have The Big Guy and young Jack and the dogs to brighten them. I think that weekly massages with a trained masseuse could be therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. Pudding but I don't think I'm a good person, just a person. I have a terrible temper and I can hold a grudge like nobody's business:)

      Delete
  8. Dear God alive they want to give nurses a pay CUT???? What about all the "heroes of the pandemic" and clapping for nurses just a few months ago? The damn politicians have no problem voting themselves a hefty pay increase though do they? Social injustice makes my blood boil (you may have noticed). Maybe that has something to do with your depression. Hang in there hon, and god damn and blast those bloody politicians!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular group of politicians are led by an uneducated POS. Apparently cream isn't the only thing that rises to the top, here shit floats.

      Delete
  9. I am really angry to read about that pay cut. Really truly angry.

    ReplyDelete