Tuesday, May 11, 2021



Unsettled sky at the dog park.

We went to court again today about my son's visits with Jack.  My son didn't show up despite several attempts by the court to reach him by phone.  My husband and I had already decided to stop supervising his visits.  The judge agreed to supervised visits by a third party agency.  This agency is unbiased and he would have to pay in advance for his visits.  The matter is now adjourned sine dei, without any future date.

Both Gracie's parents and my husband and I have to tried to accomodate my son for the past two years but nothing is ever resolved and in fact continues to degenerate.  My son has a long criminal record which includes drug dealing, drug addiction, weapons charges, driving under the influence, driving without a license, driving without insurance, domestic violence and there is probably other stuff I don't know about it.  We all agreed, including the judge, that he should not have unsupervised visits with Jack.  

I don't know what this means for the future but for now Jack is safe.  I know my son's violence can escalate when he doesn't get what he wants and I warned Gracie to call the police immediately if my son should show up at her place.  I made her promise and she did.  

Then I took the Heidi for a nice long walk.  Poor Lucy is still recovering from something rattling through her belly.  She's had bloody diarrhea for a few days now but it's getting better.  She's probably the only beagle with a sensitive stomach.  It's my fault.  I gave her scraps which I never do and this is on me.  Her gut will right itself in about a week, poor thing.

I feel relieved, deeply relieved, that at least this one thing is resolved, for now.  My jaw has been aching since last week, worrying about today's court date.  

And this is why we've been doing this for the past two years, this little guy and his brilliant laugh.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment