Saturday, May 15, 2021


It was a beautiful day here on Thursday.  I worked in the yard pulling weeds, planting carrots, seeding the parts of the lawn that the dogs have killed and expanding a flower bed in the front yard.  I mostly avoided housework and took Heidi for a walk at the dog park.  

My son has been leaving me alone which I'm thankful for.  

Our medical director must have been spoken to again but because he's being almost human.  He is a deeply unhappy, angry man who bullies everyone.  I know his anger comes from fear but it's also ruining our department.  He doesn't bother me too much anymore as he knows my husband and I'm sure he's physically afraid of my husband.  I don't call him the big guy for nothing.  My husband is also responsible for keeping the equipment running in our department, so he is indispensable;  so basically, don't fuck with the big guy's wife, which is sad because people should be treated with respect just because.  I do a good job.  I'm an excellent nurse and not a single other radiologist or patient has ever complained about me.  I'm not the problem.

It was very busy yesterday but not crazy thank goodness.  I had one older lady who was so sweet.  She's a farmer and her veins are so difficult to get into.  It took us six tries and I finally got it on the sixth try.  We warmed her arms for over an hour, she drank almost 2 litres of water and I finally was able to get a tiny IV catheter in.  She was gracious and understanding.

It's a lot different working in a cancer hospital.  People are generally there because they want help.  They are generally patient and kind.  They help each other, discuss treatments amongst themselves, compare notes, support each other and laugh. 

The sun is shining today and it's supposed to be warm all day.  I'm going to work in the garden and soak in the sunshine.  Later I'll take the dogs for a walk and maybe we'll have a fire outside this evening.  No drama today.  Peace and quiet.  




No comments:

Post a Comment