Saturday, November 21, 2020

 



One of the young nurses I work with always puts up the National whatever day it is.  Yesterday was National Absurdity Day which seemed appropriate.

At the end of the work day yesterday, I got a text message from my grandson's other grandma.  Apparently last weekend while the little guy was staying with them, their son came over to visit and spent time with the little guy.  The next day the uncle had COVID symptoms, got tested and yesterday got the news that he is positive.  

So now the little guy is on isolation and we're waiting to take him for a COVID test but couldn't get in until Monday.  He's staying with us because he was with us when we found about the COVID exposure and his mama is working.  

If the little guy is positive, then we both have to self isolate and get tested but we can't go to work anyway this week because the little guy can't go to daycare if he's been exposed.  

I was so angry last night I had a hard time falling asleep.  I took my anger out on some very stupid people on Facebook with their conspiracy theories and hoaxes, etc.  Of course facts don't change someone's beliefs but I felt better speaking my mind instead of letting stupid dogs lie.  A badly mangled  metaphor, I know.

I feel better today and we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out.  I baked nine dozen cookies this morning if that's any indication of how I deal with stress.







No comments:

Post a Comment