Thursday, November 5, 2020


 My brown eyed girl.

It's been a stressful week, an understatement obviously.  I have sores in my mouth, something I haven't had since high school and final exams.  I'm off today and I'm going to paint and get a massage and walk the dogs.  I already prepped a loaf of sourdough and it's in the fridge, waiting for the yeast to do it's magic.

It looks like Biden will win the election and I'm thankful for that.  A huge sigh of relief.

Two days ago at work we brought a patient down for a central line insertion at 07:30.  Everything was difficult, except the line insertion.  Irritated techs who didn't want to do a line so early, a PICC that had to be removed because the unit didn't already remove it and just general resistance which frustrated me so much I ended up crying.  We are supposed to be there for the patient but it didn't feel like it on Tuesday morning.

Things settled down.  The patient was higher than a kite and so sweet and lovely.  As a side note, the patient is lovely and sweet when she's not on pain meds too.  It was probably the best line insertion I've ever been a part of me.  The patient, the tech, the doctor and I were all laughing and telling jokes.  At one point the patient and the doc were singing "Skinnamarink" together.  It did my heart good and I thanked the patient and the doc.

And then yesterday a coworker came in for a scan;  she's been off for awhile and she has stage four lung cancer.  It was so nice to see her but I wanted to cry.  

And so it goes.  Good and bad.  Ugly and beautiful. Kind and cruel.  

Each day feels like a huge hurdle to get through.  I know this too shall pass but it's hard.  Our grandson comes tonight to stay with us for a few days which is both wonderful and tiring.  I'm getting him onto a schedule and that helps.  He is a source of constant joy.  He's learning to talk and it is like watching a miracle unfold.  He is a gift that I am deeply thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment