Friday, September 25, 2020


It's a lovely fall day here.  The sun is shining and it's warm.  Our grandson is here because Gracie is working.  She had a meltdown the other day so he arrived on Wednesday and he's still here.  Yesterday he went to daycare but today he woke up with a runny nose and he's grumpy.  Right now he's sitting in his highchair watching cartoons while he eats goldfish crackers because he won't eat anything else.  The dogs are stragetically placed around his highchair, in hopes of getting something.

It's been a nice week off.  I painted the little guys bedroom this week, a very nice soft gray.  Never thought I would like gray but it looks nice.  I'm going to make him a flannel quilt this winter to put on the bed in his room.  Right now he's still in his crib.

I'm trying to avoid the news and the shit show that is the world and the US in particular.  So I painted and cooked and walked the dogs.  And I'm reading a book by Fredrik Backman, "Anxious People", which seems appropriate right now.  I like his writing.

I'm going to take the little guy for a long walk, away from people this afternoon to get some fresh air and sunshine for both of us because this time of year, you never know when the snow will arrive.

Stay safe my friends.


Beaver Hills Biosphere on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment