Monday, September 21, 2020


 Fall  has arrived and with it, my birthday.  I turned fifty-eight yesterday which seems unbelievable.  In two years I will turn sixty, math and all that.

We took Miss Katie out yesterday for a walk and lunch.  When I told her that it was my birthday she gave me such a big hug.  It was wonderful.  She didn't want to walk much but we did go to the mall and see the sea lions and buy her a new pair of pants that will stay up.  Then we had lunch and bought balloons.  She continues to enjoy her life and I am thankful for that.  

She's not liking the pandemic though as she's not allowed to take the bus which limits her outings and she is a social butterfly.  When we got her back to her place she plonked her ass on the sidewalk and wouldn't budge.  She's far too heavy to move easily now but the big guy was able to pick her up and get her inside.  Katie can't talk but she never fails to communicate.

A friend of mine from Australia called the other night and we talked for a long time.  Her husband has lymphoma and they're struggling.  I so wish I could help but I'm too far away.  I listened though and I hope that helped a little.

I took the dogs for a long walk yesterday at the dog park and the leaves are all changing color.  I took photos and the dogs ate grass and sniffed a lot of butts and the sun was shining.  It was lovely.

The big guy and I are off this week which is nice.  We'll get some things done and take walks and take photos.  I want to paint my grandson's room as well as put up the trim around the window and the put up the baseboards.  

Nothing much else.  I've been collecting burr oak acorns to replant in the spring in the hopes of planting them here and there in the spring.  I didn't know oak trees can live 500 years.  I'm almost finished reading "The Overstory".  It is sad but it makes me want to plants trees.  


I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment