Sunday, March 22, 2020


I took both dogs for a walk yesterday by myself.  Note to self, don't take two dogs on longs leashes on a walk through the trees.  The dog park is closed so I went to a natural area.  Lots of people, narrow paths and lots of slippery spots.  Not ideal.


At one point the hill was so steep and slippery, not the picture above, that I just lay down on my back and slid down the hill like a kid.  I laughed all the way down and I briefly wondered what the family at the bottom of the hill thought of the granny and her two dogs sliding down the hill.  I haven't had that much fun in awhile.  However, the whole walk thing was not pleasant.  Beagles don't walk in straight lines and Heidi kept bolting after squirrels.

She's enjoying the sunshine this morning.  


We had my niece over for supper last night which was good for everyone.  My niece is stuck in her apartment taking her University courses online now and she loves dogs.  Lucy probably got two hours of petting out of my niece.

I feel blah.  I'm going to take my grandson for a good walk later today so that will help.  I'm trying to get started on a quilt for me and the big guy but I want something easy and beautiful that can withstand dogs, so I'm looking online which leads to news and the virus.  It's a constant loop inside and outside of my head.

Back to work tomorrow.

I'm thankful the sun is shining.
I'm thankful I'm not sick.
I'm thankful none of my family is sick.
I'm thankful we have enough food.
I'm thankful we are safe.
I'm thankful I won't be laid off.
I'm thankful for dog love.
I'm thankful for hugs from the big guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment