Sunday, December 8, 2019



I have been busy on my new kitchen counters.  I baked gingerbread men and sugar cookies;  then I practiced decorating with royal icing.  I've never decorated cookies with royal icing so I watched you tube videos.  Same way I learned to quilt.




I put up the Christmas tree because a little girl and her mama were coming over for supper.  The big guy turned on the Christmas lights by saying, "Alexa, turn on Christmas lights."  The little girl who is not so little anymore, she's growing like a weed, thought it was, "Awesome!"




The little guy spent the night with us on Friday night which is always wonderful.  He's so damned sweet and easy going and has the best laugh.  He's everywhere now, exploring the house now.  I turned my back for a moment and I found him crawling up the stairs.




We took him out with us yesterday.  He got to see Santa, although he was not sure to what make of the fat guy with the beard.  He enjoyed himself though, yelling as we walked through the mall.



I had a small epiphany the other day.  Even though I needed a couple of days off to restore my batteries, I feel much better mood wise when I am helping others.  It lifts my spirits.

More baking today.  I'm going to try to make brown butter shortbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment