Sunday, September 15, 2019


My week in photos.



My grandson ended up at our place for three days and nights, the nights are the important part here.  His mama was really sick, vomiting, fever and abdominal pain.  We assumed a stomach bug and didn't want the little guy to get sick.  She was also way to sick to take care of him, so I left work on Thursday and picked up the little guy and took him home.

On Friday, Miss Katie had a psychiatrist appointment which she couldn't miss so I packed my grandson and Miss Katie and one of her caregivers and drove across town to see the doctor.  It went well and Katie is doing well.  I drove Katie and her caregiver back to Katie's and then drove to the University area to pick up the big guy.  My grandson and I spent four hours driving back and forth across town, neither one of us were too happy.  Gracie was still vomiting and sick through all of this, laying on her couch, refusing to go to emergency.  She's terrified of hospitals.

Saturday I told Gracie the big guy was taking her to emergency, even if he had to physically carry her out of the house.  She finally relented because she was feeling worse and was not getting better.  The doctor thought she might have gallstones.  She got fluids and meds and then the big guy had to drive her into the city to another hospital.  Gallstones were ruled out and so was pancreatitis.  Thank goodness.  In the end, the doctor decided it was probably a stomach virus combined with the fucking keto diet she's been on.  She picked up the little guy last night at about eight pm and she looked so much better.  She missed her baby and wanted to take him home.  The little guy was happy to see his mama too.




These tomatoes have been sitting on my counter since I picked them two weeks ago.  I want to make tomato sauce with them but you know, babies.  I am beat, so is the big guy.  Three nights of interrupted sleep take it's toll much more quickly when you're older.  So does carrying around a little guy.  And all of that shit that I always forget upstairs, much more work when I have to carry a baby up and down stairs again and again and again.  My back is sore, my whole right side is sore.  This didn't happen thirty years ago when I had my last baby.

Hopefully today, maybe, I will get to my tomatoes.  If not, my young neighbor who was three kids and way more energy than me will be gifted with them.




On Thursday when we got home with the little guy, the dog had vomited a couple of times so I started off with dog vomit cleaning.  And then there was baby milk vomit for three days and then this morning more dog vomit.  Sigh.  The dog has always had a sensitive stomach, a beagle with a sensitive stomach is an oxymoron, I think.  So now I'm boiling chicken for my sensitive dog and she's passed out on the floor, still not feeling well.  Normally she sits on top of the big guy, if she's on the floor, somethings wrong with her.  We'll see how the boiled chicken works.

And me, I'm beat but I'm so thankful we got to spend those three days with our grandson.  Also very thankful Gracie is feeling better.  Next weekend we're heading to Jasper which I'm looking forward to;  we'll catch up with our friend there and spend time outside taking photos.  Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment