Sunday, September 3, 2017



We just got back from holidays.  Too much driving this time, although we did get to see some lovely, remote places.  It's good to be back home.  I love my bed and it was nice to have a home cooked meal.

The break from work has been a boon for my soul.  I read a very good article the other day about caregiver burnout.  A quote from the article, Practising compassion in an uncompassionate health system.

"The truth is, our health system rarely encourages or rewards compassionate care, or spending enough time with our patients. On the contrary, we work in a system that systematically bullies, brutalises and burns-out health professionals."

A part of me dreads going back to work and coping once again with the amount of work and a part of me is hopeful that I can make a positive difference in my workplace. 

My son remains in jail.  He calls often which is difficult.  I'm still hurt by his abusive words last year.  And I don't trust him at all.  He turned out like his father after all which is ironic.  I left his father when my son was only ten months old to shield my son from his father.  His biological father is an alcoholic, a liar and generally an asshole.  He would lie about anything and everything which is what my son does.  I wonder if there is a genetic component to lying.

Fall is coming.  The days are getting shorter.  The shadows are longer.  The nights are cooler and the leaves are starting to turn.  It's my favorite time of year.  But it always makes me sad this time of year too.  Summer is over.  The long winter lies ahead. 




Things I'm thankful for today.

It's my wedding anniversary.
My granddaughters.
My relationship with my daughter is good.
I'll get a hug from Miss Katie shortly.
Putting my garden to bed.
My home is clean, the floors washed, the laundry is done.
Homemade bumble berry coulis and cheesecake.
Time.

What are you thankful for today?






No comments:

Post a Comment