Friday, July 22, 2016

A pelican in the pond behind our house.  One of the big guy's shots.

I haven't been writing much.  There seems to be so little time.  I miss it though.  Miss putting my thoughts down.  It helps keeps the black dog at bay, mostly, but there is only so much time in day.

Right now I have sheets hanging on the line to dry.  I'm eating chocolate cake with chocolate, orange ganache.  The dog is laying on the floor behind me, watching the cat who is sitting on the counter.  The big guy softly snores on the couch behind me.  It's a beautiful, hot summer day.  We spent the morning with our granddaughter and my stepdaughter at the zoo. 

It's pretty much a perfect day.  I have to remember that it takes so little to be content.  The floors are dirty, there are dishes in the sink and the laundry needs folding but there will always be dirty dishes and laundry that needs folding.  Right now I need to relax and stop worrying about what comes next.  I spend so much time about what comes next that I forget about right now and rush through it. 

I'm going to try to slow down.  We'll see:)

No comments:

Post a Comment