Wednesday, March 12, 2014



I just finished reading this book.  My daughter sent it to me after she went to the book launch and met the author.  It's about a young couple dealing with life and with cancer.  It gave me a whole new perspective on cancer in general and multiple myeloma in particular. 

I work in cancer care and often have patients with multiple myeloma.  All of the multiple myeloma patients that are receiving stem cell transplants come through us to have their central lines inserted.  It's one thing to know that a patient is receiving a stem cell transplant, it's quite another to read about it from the perspective of the patient and the woman who loves him. 

Strangely enough, I found the most difficult part of the book to read was the beginning.  Megan was only sixteen when she met Chad and it was her raw honesty that touched me, reminded me of what it was like to be young and in love.

Megan's website is here.


 

2 comments:

  1. i went to the website; read a sample chapter. beautiful.

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading my story - and for sharing this! I'm so pleased you did. xox

    ReplyDelete