Monday, September 7, 2026


Jack had a bit of a fever Saturday, so a quiet day.  Yesterday he was congested and plugged up.  School has started and the germs are out and about, mingling with everybody inside for most of the day again.  I imagine I'll be congested and plugged up in a day or two as well.

I took Katie out yesterday and she had a good time.  I took an ativan with us, just in case, but it wasn't needed.  We saw so many babies it was ridiculous and she loves babies.  With the government clawing back $200/month that she doesn't get, and with rent and everything costing more, she has about $20/month to spend as she pleases.  Today I bought her baby wipes (because she still poops in a diaper) and that was the $20 gone.  I realized that she can't afford to buy herself lunch out once a week anymore, so I paid for that.  I also bought her a new warm fleece jacket as it's gotten cold.  She doesn't have enough money to buy clothes and goes through her clothes quite quickly.  She pokes holes in, chews on, and rips all of her clothes.  This government disgusts me.  

I had lunch on Friday with a friend and I told her that I feel guilty sometimes that Katie doesn't have much of a life.  It seems like everyday is the same and she's just waiting to die.  And then I realized my life is not really so different and who am I to judge if her life is good or not. We're all waiting to die, going through our lives one day at a time. 

We're also watching "The Bear" and I love it!  The episode we watched last night was called "Forks".  One of the main characters was sent to a very high end restaurant to learn how to run a high end restaurant, about how to treat the customers, what's important, and why things matter.  What surprised me in this episode is that the restaurant gave back to the community and service (the chance to be of service to someone, to make their day better, to care) was what mattered to all the people who worked there.  It was about the food, but really is was about caring enough to do an excellent job.  It was not how I've ever thought of restaurants.  I've thought of hospitals and nurses like that (being of service) but not restaurants.  It kind of opened my eyes, being of service, giving of yourself can happen anywhere.  

I also had coffee with a couple of friends from work on Saturday morning and it was so nice to catch up with them.  I miss those women but I am also so thankful I don't have to work there anymore.  Health care continues to be Do more With less, thanks again to this pitiful excuse for a government who continues to underfund health care so that they can push their agenda of private health care.  Fuckers!


My sweary pottery has made it's way home.  There will be more because, the world needs more swears right now.

2 comments:

  1. Do the people of Alberta like what their government is doing? That's a stupid question, coming from a USian. After being corrected by a Canadian when we were there, I've tried to quit calling myself an American, since everybody on the continent is an American. Anyway, I can't believe the took the $200 away. That's just cruel and heartless. Everyday our leadership sinks below the sea of corruption, it's surreal at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the majority of Albertans don't like what the government is doing here but we're stuck with them for one more year because they won a majority last election. They are bottom feeders that apparently lack morals or compassion.

      Delete