Friday, August 21, 2026




One of my favorite photos of Lucy.

Another busy week.  Our fridge died on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.  It's been dying for awhile but it gave up the ghost completely.  I went to put something in the freezer and the tomato sauce that was sitting in a bag was liquid.  Much stress followed.  We have another freezer in the mud room so that things that were expensive (meat) or from the garden (tomatoes and raspberries) and still not thawed out were moved there.  That night my husband brought in the travel cooler that we have and plugged that in and I bought a small fridge from Canadian Tire for milk and eggs, and most importantly, my iced tea:)  Both the cooler and tiny fridge are jam packed.

Two mornings of throwing things out either into the compost, or down the sink.  Most of the condiments are gone.  It's amazing how many condiments slowly take over the fridge but I did save the mayo.  We made a trip to the eco centre to get rid of all the empty glass containers because they no longer pick up glass.  

I ordered a new fridge online from Home Depot, but first I watched some videos about the best fridge to buy.  The fewer the bells and whistles, the more likely the fridge will last.  The worst offender is in door ice makers, which I don't like anyway so not a problem.  Less fancy=less components to break, which could be part of the problem with newer fridges and their short lifespan.  That and planned obsolescence.

I took Jack to the Fringe Festival yesterday afternoon and we had a nice time.  His favorite part was the children's section where he made a couple of crafts and put on a puppet show which reminded me a little of a Punch and Judy show.  He also got to see a juggler who juggled machetes and fire.  Surprisingly, he did not ask to buy a machete on the way home:)

I saw a lovely podiatrist yesterday who fixed up my sore foot in literally minutes and he then refused to charge me because it took so little time.  Very kind man.

I'm in the process of writing a letter to someone I love very much which has made me think, a lot, and cry, a little.  I have discovered I only have so much bandwidth to deal with highly emotional or stressful things at one time, and I'm learning to accept that about myself.  Probably most people are like that, but what do I know?  It's taken awhile to get to the point of writing this letter, longer than I would have liked, but I also have a stressful life which I am learning to accept.  








3 comments:

  1. I swear you have the worst luck sometimes! On the plus side you'll have a clean fridge to start over again. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And who doesn't love a clean fridge? Plus, all new condiments.

      Delete
  2. Good luck on getting a replacment soon!

    ReplyDelete