Jack was so excited to go back to school this morning. He kept asking me what time it was and when the bus was coming. He was pumped and he got on the bus with the two kids from across the street.
The young woman across the street is a lovely young woman who has been struggling with some neurological problems for months now, numbness in her arm, hypersensitivity, double vision, migraines, gait problems, to name a few. Sometimes she can't drive, so the kids are taking the bus now. She and I chatted for probably half an hour and then I made her go inside as her teeth were chattering. There was a cold wind this morning.
I also talked to the neighbors next door to us as well. Their son is starting high school today and he had such a huge smile on his face. Both of their children are good kids, they've done a good job, and been lucky.
I came inside and sat down at the computer, an entire day to myself for the first time in two weeks. There are lots of things that need doing and nothing I feel like doing. I have vacuumed though, the dog hair piles up so quickly in the hallway that I can't stand looking at it. The dogs need their walks, I have errands to run, and painting to be done but I feel like doing nothing. The horror! I stole that from Urspo.
And then I cried a little. I think my biggest problem throughout my life has been my inability to regulate my emotions. Yay, a new hobby. How to learn emotional regulation as an adult.


No comments:
Post a Comment