We're back in emergency again. This time with vomiting. She can't keep anything down poor girl. She's vomited 5 times so far, but only once on me so I got that going for me.
The best part? The 7 hour wait to even see a doctor. I could cry but it wouldn't help.
Right now waiting for hubby to bring me a sandwich before he takes Jack to his brother's birthday party. He's also bringing a big blanket for Katie. She's freezing and the heated blankets only stay warm for about 5 minutes.
I hate watching her suffer and I hate sitting in an emergency department doing nothing and I especially hate that the Provincial government has orchestrated this health care shortage as an excuse for private health care.
Update. Katie is much better and I just dropped her off at home. She was hungry and tired.

I hope you have a good book with you. Waiting a long time is tough. Katie looks good in this picture, for all that. Emergency room waiting times are ridiculous these days. The Alberta and Saskatchewan governments need slapping. -Kate
ReplyDeleteI’m so sorry!
ReplyDeleteSending love to you and your family always.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. Emergency rooms really try the soul. But it sounds like you have everything in hand as much as it can be.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about this latest setback. And the awful long wait. I hope she does better.
ReplyDeleteSometimes shedding those tears can indeed help. No shame in it.
ReplyDeleteSigh, our provincial government is a farce.
Poor Miss Katie! I hope you get to see that emergency doctor soon.
ReplyDeletethere is no sorrow like watching a loved one in pain.
ReplyDeleteHopefully you have been seen by now and Katie is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear this. By the time I write this, hopefully she is ok, and you are safely home.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, waiting seven hours to see a doctor!!!!! That is unforgiveable! Again I'm so sorry you and Katie are going through this but I'm so glad she's feeling better now and back home!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry. ER's are not a fun place. I am glad that Katie is feeling better. Your provincial government sounds like Republicans in the USA.
ReplyDeleteOh, honey. I hope by now all's well.
ReplyDeleteI'm pleased to read she is better and hungry. Lousy for both of you. She did have smile for the camera.
ReplyDeleteHope by this time your wait is over and your daughter is feeling better!
ReplyDeleteDespite her ordeal, she has such a sweet expression. I'm sorry that she suffered and hope she's on the mend. It's horrible when our girls are sick.
ReplyDeleteI would be feeling helpful and angry all at the same time. I'm glad she's better!!
ReplyDeleteER's can be so overwhelmed around here that now I go to the smaller Satellite Clinic Urgent Cares they set up which are like an ER without the extended Wait, lots of People piled up and just as effective, mebbe better even, so you're in and out in a jiffy. I'm glad Miss Katie is better, when the very Young, very Old, or the Disabled get something nasty it's always hard on the Caregivers to manage it.
ReplyDelete