Tuesday, July 21, 2026


There appears to be a bug going around.  Katie is fine, fully recovered.  Jack went to wilderness camp yesterday and I got a call after lunch to please come pick him up.  He wasn't feeling good.  It took me an hour to get there because I was in Fort Saskatchewan, there was a road closure, and I got lost in a very large neighborhood of acreages, and my phone still isn't working properly, so no google maps.  I called my husband and he got me going the right way thankfully.  I finally got there, picked him up and he seemed ok but wasn't interested in eating any supper.

At 2am, he crawled into bed with me complaining of stomach pain, which I have come to realize means nausea.  He vomited a bunch, there was much drama, but all of the vomit ended up in the bowl.  It happened again and then the third time was not the charm, it ended up all over the floor.  It was 4:30 by then and he went downstairs to talk to poppa.  I tried going back to sleep but that was no use.

He's now sitting watching TV and has vomited two more times.  No diarrhea, just nausea and vomiting.  No fever either.  All of it just like Katie.  

Poppa is going to get me some gravol suppositories for Jack before he goes to work, and hopefully Jack will be able to keep something down then.

So, there is a bug going around.  I've been washing my hands lots and just looked up norovirus, cleanups with bleach, so I'm going to do that, the floor, not my hands:)

 Update.  I took him to emergency and he was treated in the waiting room by a very nice nurse practitioner.  She gave him quick dissolving Zofran under the tongue, we waited, and then he had some pedialtye and a popsicle.  We're home already.  He still felt nauseous in the car but he's playing video games now.  Fingers crossed.

26 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I hope you and your husband don't catch it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I don't get either. I keep washing my hands and sanitizing with bleach.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a mystery bug I had a while back, just the stomach, which passed in a day, but who knows how I got it. Once gone, though, you feel better quickly. So I hope the same holds for your patients and you don't catch anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie is fine now and Jack feels much better now with some drugs and fluids on board. I sincerely hope I don't get it.

      Delete
  3. Good luck! As if you didn’t have so much other stuff to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a week so far and it's on Tuesday:)

      Delete
  4. Did they, by chance, eat any of the Taylor Farm lettuce that has been contaminated and folks in the States are dealing with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, and no diarrhea either, just vomiting.

      Delete
  5. You use his real name at the start. Thought you would want to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for telling me. I've changed it. I am very tired today.

      Delete
  6. I sure hope you don't get the bug. When my kids were sick, I felt the throwing up stuff was the absolute worst. Take care and fingers crossed you stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly have had an extra share of care-giving lately...hope everyone rests and recovers now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From one medical crisis to another. Things must improve for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Katie is better and Jack is feeling better too.

      Delete
  10. Vomiting is SO very unpleasant and dangerous as well. You've had way too much on your plate. I'm hoping for no illness for you or your husband; that would be over the top!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of them had the same symptoms, severe vomiting, nothing would stay down.

      Delete
  11. I hate vomiting worse than anything. Happy to read that it's leaving your house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I do Hope Jack gets over this and you and Poppa don't catch whatever it is going around, sounds nasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've haven't caught it yet and I just looked up how long between exposure and symptoms 12-48 hours so I think we're fine. What I didn't know is that people can be contagious for up to 2 weeks afterwards, so maybe not. Who knows?

      Delete
  13. Oh boy. Those middle of the night puke fests. Not my favorite part of parenting. May he be well recovered soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was feeling much better this morning, full of piss and vinegar:)

      Delete