It's hot. It's too damned hot. I'm still working on the basement but tonight I'm just going to lay my mattress on the floor in the basement and sleep there. The bedroom in the basement is still ripped apart due to some minor flooding but upstairs is too hot.
Jack has a black eye. He whacked it on a piece of equipment at the playground the other day. It's not really black, looks more like he's wearing eyeshadow. I have given up on limiting his screen time right now because it's just too damned hot to do much except stay inside. Did I mention I'm hot and tired?
Jack saw his pediatrician on Monday and she changed his medication due to concerns about his weight and growth, or lack of. On Tuesday we tried the new medication and it was not strong enough. The day was horrible for me and horrible for Jack. We put him back on his other medication and I'm waiting for the pediatrician to call us back.
Yesterday I got a tiny bit of yard work done which felt good. I haven't had much time in the garden since we got home. Everything grew wild while we were away and I'm in the process of pruning back overgrowth and deadheading. I suck at pruning by the way, especially tomatoes. I hate cutting back plants, even when they need it, except for lamium, I'm ok with pulling that stuff out by it's roots. It's a good thing it's so pretty with it's green and white leaves and purple flowers but it self seeds itself very aggressively.
Right now I'm just trying to stay cool and even the dogs aren't enjoying their walks. I may also be grumpy:)


.jpeg)
I have never been to Edmonton but "hot" is not a word I would have expected to be in the same sentence as Edmonton. This probably just shows my ignorance. It has been hot here in Yorkshire too and the grass is no longer green - more white and straw yellow. We have had no rain at all since June 30th and even then it was a piddling amount.
ReplyDeleteSummers are hot here and getting hotter. Once it gets to 30C, which it did today, it's very unpleasant. We're going to have to get AC in the next few years.
DeleteWe hit a record of 13 inches of rain in June, now it's hot as hell and lots of mosquitos. Sigh.
It is hot here in central Virginia too. We've been staying inside with the AC, a luxury I know you don't have. My mother doesn't have it in upstate NY either. We are also under an advisory to stay indoors because of the fires in Ontario. It has been quite hazy today and it was the worst air quality ever measured. Of course, tRump is blaming Canada and just announced he was going to slap tariffs on Canada as a punishment. I hate that man with every fiber in my body. Such an asshole.
ReplyDeletetrump is a stupid child. I don't imagine he has a clue what a Boreal forest is, they burn in cycles and with climate change I'm guessing the cycles are getting shorter. It's amazing he can wipe his own ass really.
DeleteWho says he can, Pixie?
DeleteThat's so miserable when there's no escape from the heat. Luckily, you have a basement. YD does too although there's no bed down there and her boys are sleeping upstairs. So far, the weather has been OK, but that can change! August is usually our hottest month. Sorry about the meds; that's very stressful. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. :(
ReplyDeleteThe strong rumor is that Trump wears diapers and has for years. He apparently smells very, very bad.
DeleteJust too damned hot.
ReplyDeleteYou don't have aircon? I've experienced the heat and humidity in Canada and we won a ballot to have the poshest apartment of the pre booked accommodation, in Victoria I think. It was gorgeous, but no air con. We nearly died. I resolved to always double check accommodation in the future for air con.
Btw, your smoke is bothering the good folk in the US . Can you fix that please.
We don't have AC but we will have to get it eventually. Summers are becoming hotter.
DeleteI shall try to do something about the smoke, perhaps set up a few more fans:)
Our basement is our favourite place in summer. But my grandmother's basement was the best place with shelves of bottled food and apples and pears laid out on tables.
ReplyDeleteYour grandmother's house sounds wonderful. Was it a dirt basement, or a cement basement?
DeleteHahahahahaha, oh yes, those two rules for this heat -- I identify with that meme too.
ReplyDeleteEspecially rule #2. Tempers are short when people are hot.
DeleteYes, yesterday was a lot, wasn't it? A bit cooler here in northern Alberta today (temperature-wise), but it rained during the night, and the humidity! Yikes...it still feels like 30. Sigh.
ReplyDelete80% humidity. Bloody hell, it's even cloudy and it's still 27C. I'm melti.........
DeleteI love that last one! It’s so true.
ReplyDeleteHeat makes everything worse. And now I have poison ivy. Last time I try and pull weeds.
ReplyDeleteIt's moderating a bit here, but summers are hotter. I have air conditioning, but I also have to watch how often I run it because it's not free! But it's great for pulling the humidity out. I hope you get relief soon. I agree, my temper is pretty short just now.
ReplyDeleteMinnesota doesn't feel like Minnesota anymore. For the people blaming Canada let me say. We have our own fires, one of which is in my state.
ReplyDeleteI live in Florida and I am a prisoner in my house - trying desperately to stay out of the sun and heat.
ReplyDeleteWhen it gets too hot, it's hard to function. I get edgy. When it's cold we can always put on more clothes. I wonder how that beautiful purple flower feels in extreme heat. It looks fresh and cool.
ReplyDeletethems not used to heat it makes them kinda moody. No fun, hot times.
ReplyDeleteIt's brutally Hot here too, 117 most days and now it's the Monsoon Season, add Humidity... ugh. So, I feel ya and love that hydroplaning off the toilet seat meme... I've almost done that before! I can't get much, if any, work done when it's like this either... and how can we manage pleasantries when we're ready to spontaneously combust? So being moody and miserable is more natural to be in the Heat... if you were too Cheery I think the rest of Society might attack you. *winks*
ReplyDelete