Mertensia paniculata, also known as tall bluebells. Spring has finally arrived here.
We're down to the last nine days of school for Jack. He's tired. Tired of the routine I think. Tired of using his brain all day long. Tired of having to sit and pay attention. Tired of having to reign himself in all day. He's also not gaining any weight, despite a diet high in calories and fat. I think this summer will be a welcome respite for him. He is signed up for a variety of camps-sports, arts, water, and outdoor camp, which I know he'll enjoy.
We leave for holidays in two weeks. We're heading out to Vancouver Island and will visit my sister and my husband's brother. We'll spend time by the ocean and just take it easy. I love the ocean, the sounds, the sights, and the smells. It also makes me realize how small I am in the universe, much like the mountains. Feeling small helps put problems in perspective.
Last week Jack asked me if my life was hard. I told him that sometimes it was, but mostly I had a very good life. I asked him if his life was hard and he said it was. I asked him why, (wondering what horrible things he was dealing with) he replied because he didn't have an e-scooter, which made me smile. His mom never did give him his scooter, so poppa bought him one and Jack has been busy cruising the neighborhood.
I dropped my phone on Sunday night and it never recovered. Sigh. I miss texting friends and taking photos, but otherwise it's been fine. A new phone is supposed to arrive today.
I'm off to the pottery studio again today. Roomba is vacuuming, the dishwasher is cleaning the dishes, and all of the laundry got done yesterday. I even got the grass cut yesterday which was satisfying. We had a lot of rain and it's growing fast. All of the clover seeds that I threw on the dead patches appear to have sprouted as well. We have a lot of dead patches on the grass, dog pee:)
Obviously I made a mistake but I can't be bothered to fix the text with the white background. I might not have the skills either:)


Your vacation in two weeks is well needed. Jackhas a good sense of humor!
ReplyDeleteIt was so much easier to read black on white text, that I'm glad you left it.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny about Jack's idea of a hard life! Age appropriate, I'd say. I hope your vacation is good, peaceful and renewing.
I'll tell ya what's NOT going for that guy: the ugly beard. I can't talk; one morning my hair looked like that beard, only pointing to the sky. (I love the meme and have copied it!) Have a great holiday, you mountain-lovin', ocean-goin' mama, you. It sounds like you've got everything shipshape as you prepare to hit the road. What a fabulous photo of the bluebells. I don't blame Jack for being tired of the school routine. I was always relieved when my boys were out of school for the summer and there was no more pressure to be somewhere at a certain time 5 days a week. I hope it will feel like a break for you too in that way. -Kate
ReplyDeleteI kinda like the black on white text.
ReplyDeleteLike Jack, Sharky will have several camps to attend and hopefully will enjoy them. I think he'll miss school, especially the friends and activities but has other interests too. I'm concerned about summer meaning a battle between his parents and him on screen/TV time. He's a fan whereas they're strict with how much he's exposed to. I love the ocean too--the waves are so soothing. I hope it's a great trip! I kind of like the white background; it makes the black text easy to read. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you all need a holiday.
ReplyDeleteI love that last image and sentiment! ❤️
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post from a beautiful woman. I feel the same way as. you about the ocean. We are so small, and yet we are indeed part of all of it. I hope today is a very, very good one for you.
ReplyDeleteGoing to the ocean will be so good!
ReplyDeleteThe grandchild told me that life was hard because dogs are not allowed in school.
My eyes prefer the white background, too!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your time away before getting on with Life!
I'll need to remember what Mr. Beard said! Life isn't bad if it was hard because Jack didn't have an e-scooter. An easy fix. Your vacation sound wonderful to me.
ReplyDeleteI just read your last two posts. Enjoy your time away from blogging. I love the ocean too, it's a place where I can really think and gain perspectives on things. I don't know why really, maybe it is the rhythm of the waves or something like that.
ReplyDelete